Generalized Potential Function-Based Cooperative Current-Sharing Control for High-Power Parallel Charging Systems
Hongtao Liao, Jun Peng, Yanhui Zhou, Zhiwu Huang, and Feng Zhou
School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha 410075, China
In this paper, a new decentralized gradient-based cooperative control method is proposed to achieve current sharing for parallel chargers in energy storage-type light rail vehicle systems. By employing a generalized artificial potential function to characterize the interaction rule for subchargers, the current-sharing control problem is converted into an optimization problem. Based on the gradient of the potential function, a decentralized gradient cooperative control law is derived. A general saturation function is introduced in the proposed control to guarantee the boundedness of the control output. The stability of the closed-loop system under the proposed decentralized gradient control is proven with the aid of a Lyapunov function. Simulation results are provided to verify the feasibility and validity of the proposed distributed current-sharing control method.
-  M. Camara, H. Gualous, F. Gustin, and A. Berthon, “Design and new control of dc/dc converters to share energy between supercapacitors and batteries in hybrid vehicles,” IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, Vol.57, No.5, pp. 2721-2735, 2008.
-  H. Mao, L. B. Yao, C. S. Wang, and I. Batarseh, “Analysis of inductor current sharing in nonisolated and isolated multiphase dc–dc converters,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.54, No.6, pp. 3379-3388, 2007.
-  K. Hwu and Y. Chen, “Current sharing control strategy based on phase link,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.59, No.2, pp. 701-713, 2012.
-  B. Chen, Z. Huang, and R. Zhang, “Optimal Operation for Supercapacitor Storage System Using Piecewise LQR Voltage Equalization Control,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform. (JACIII), Vol.20, No.2, pp. 317-323, 2016.
-  K. De Brabandere, B. Bolsens, J. Van den Keybus, A. Woyte, J. Driesen, and R. Belmans, “A voltage and frequency droop control method for parallel inverters,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 1107-1115, 2007.
-  S. K. Mazumder, M. Tahir, and K. Acharya, “Master–slave currentsharing control of a parallel dc–dc converter system over an rf communication interface,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 59-66, 2008.
-  P. Li and B. Lehman, “A design method for paralleling current mode controlled dc-dc converters,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 748-756, 2004.
-  J. G. Liu, Z. W. Huang, J. Wang, J. Peng, and W. R. Liu, “Distributed cooperative current-sharing control of parallel chargers using feedback linearization,” Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol.2014, No.1, pp. 1-12, 2014.
-  J. J. Sun, “Dynamic performance analyses of current sharing control for dc/dc converters,” Ph.D. dissertation, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2007.
-  N. E. Leonard and E. Fiorelli, “Virtual leaders, artificial potentials and coordinated control of groups,” Proc. of the 40th IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Vol.3, pp. 2968-2973, 2001.
-  J. P. Desai, J. Ostrowski, and V. Kumar, “Controlling formations of multiple mobile robots,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.4, pp. 2864-2869, 1998.
-  E. Rimon and D. E. Koditschek, “Exact robot navigation using artificial potential functions,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 501-518, 1992.
-  L. Zubieta and R. Bonert, “Characterization of double-layer capacitors for power electronics applications,” IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 199-205, 2000.
-  M. Li, C. K. Tse, H. H. Iu, and X. Ma, “Unified equivalent modeling for stability analysis of parallel-connected dc/dc converters,” IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, Vol.57, No.11, pp. 898-902, 2010.
-  J. Abu-Qahouq, “Analysis and design of n-phase current-sharing autotuning controller,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 1641-1651, 2010.
-  C. L. Zhang and R. Ordo nez, “Extremum-seeking control and applications: a numerical optimization-based approach,” Springer Science & Business Media, 2011.
-  J. Y. Yao, R. Ordonez, and V. Gazi, “Swarm tracking using artificial potentials and sliding mode control,” J. of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, Vol.129, No.5, pp. 749-754, 2007.
-  C. L. Zhang, A. Siranosian, and M. Krstic, “Extremum seeking for moderately unstable systems and for autonomous vehicle target tracking without position measurements,” Automatica, Vol.43, No.10, pp. 1832-1839, 2007.
-  S. Z. Khong, Y. Tan, C. Manzie, and D. Nesiuc, “Multi-agent source seeking via discrete-time extremum seeking control,” Automatica, Vol.50, No.9, pp. 2312-2320, 2014.
-  W. Ren, “Consensus tracking under directed interaction topologies: Algorithms and experiments,” IEEE American Control Conf., pp. 742-747, 2008.