Construction of Web-Based Speech Game System “kikimimi”
Kentaro Tani*1, Masahiko Sato*2, Tatsuya Murakami*2, Ryosuke Kawachi*3, Takuya Niikawa*4, and Yoshinobu Maeda*2
*1Graduate Institute of Entrepreneurial Studies
3-1-46 Yoneyama, Chuo-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-0916, Japan
8050 Ikarashi 2-no-cho, Nishi-ku, Niigata 950-2181, Japan
*3Niigata University of Health and Welfare
1398 Shimami-cho, Kita-ku, Niigata-shi, Niigata 950-3198, Japan
*4Osaka Electro-Communication University
1130-70 Kiyotaki, Shijonawate-shi, Osaka 575-0063, Japan
In this study, a web application of kikimimi, a game for visually-impaired persons, was created. The game rules were simplified to allow the visually-impaired to easily play it. This was verified in an experiment in which visually-impaired persons actually enjoyed the web application game. Moreover, it was confirmed that even the simplified version of the game was sufficiently entertaining.
-  T. Niikawa and H. Okumura, “Voice Output Game System “kikimimi”,” 9th Symp. of the Japanese Society for Wellbeing Science and Assistive Technology, pp. 166-167, 2009.
-  T. Niikawa, “A voice output game system evoking new sensations,” J. Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, Vol.93, No.9, pp. 792-796, 2010.
-  K. Usuda, S. Matsuoka, and M. Ohkura, “Development of Interactive System for Visually Impaired using TECHTILE toolkit and Gesture,” IEICE Technical Report HCS2014–37, HIP2014–37, Vol.11, No.68, pp. 283-287, 2014.
-  N. Caporusso, L. Mkrtchyan, and L. Badia, “A multimodal interface device for online board games designed for sight-impaired people,” IEEE Trans. Information Technology in Biomedicine, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 248-254, 2010.
-  M. Csikszentmihalyi, “Flow: the psychology of optimal experience,” New York: Harper and Row, 1990.
-  S. A. Jackson, H. W. Marsh, et al., “Development and validation of a scale to measure optimal experience: The Flow State Scale,” JSEP, Vol.18, pp. 17-35, 1996.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.