Artificial Neural Network Based Step-Length Prediction Using Ultrasonic Sensors from Simulation to Implementation in Shoe-Type Measurement Device
Romy Budhi Widodo*,** and Chikamune Wada*
*Graduate School of Life Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology
2-4 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0196, Japan
**Informatics Engineering Study Program, Ma Chung University
Villa Puncak Tidar N-1, Malang 65151, Indonesia
-  B. Mariani, C. Hoskovec, S. Rochat, C. Büla, J. Penders, and K. Aminian, “3D gait assessment in young and elderly subjects using foot-worn inertial sensors,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.43, pp. 2999-3006, 2010.
-  F. Dadashi, B. Mariani, S. Rochat, C. J. Büla, B. Santos-Eggimann, and K. Aminian, “Gait and foot clearance parameters obtained using shoe-worn inertial sensors in a large-population sample of older adults,” Sensors, Vol.14, pp. 443-457, 2014.
-  C. Wada, F. Wada, K. Hachisuka, T. Ienaga, Y. Kimuro, and T. Tsuji, “Improvement study for measurement accuracy on wireless shoe-type measurement device to support walking rehabilitation,” Proc. of Int. Conf. on Complex Medical Engineering, pp. 471-474, 2012.
-  S. Ikeda and C. Wada, “Estimation of foot placement during walking by particle filter method,” The 28th Symposia of SICE Sensing Forum Measurement Division, pp. 105-108, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  R. B. Widodo and C. Wada, “Attitude Estimation Using Kalman Filtering: External Acceleration Compensation Considerations,” J. of Sensors, Vol.2016, Article ID 6943040, p. 24, 2016, doi:10.1155/2016/6943040.
-  R. B. Widodo and C. Wada, “Simulation of Ultrasonic Sensors in a Shoe-Type Measurement Device,” Proc. of the SICE Annual Conf., pp. 1490-1493, 2016.
-  C. Kirtley, “Clinical Gait Analysis: Theory and Practice,” Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, China, 2006.
-  D. J. Magee, “Orthopedic Physical Assessment,” 6th edition, Elsevier Saunders Canada, 2014.
-  D. Levine, J. Richards, and M. W. Whittle, “Gait Analysis,” 5th edition, Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, China, 2012.
-  B. Abernethy, V. Kippers, S. J. Hanrahan, M. G. Pandy, A. M. McManus, and L. Mackinnon, “Biophysical Foundations of Human Movement,” 3rd edition, Human Kinetics, Macmillan Education, Australia, 2013.
-  S. Walczak and N. Cerpa, “Heuristic principles for the design of artificial neural networks,” Information and Software Technology,” Vol.41, pp. 107-117, 1999.
-  T. Hastie, R. Tibshirani, and J. Friedman, “The Elements of Statistical Learning: Data Mining, Inference, and Prediction,” 2nd edition, Springer, 2008.
-  H. Yu and B. M. Wilamowski, “Levenberg-Marquardt Training,” Industrial Electronics Handbook, Vol.5 Intelligent Systems, 2nd edition, Chapter 12, pp. 12-1 to 12-15, CRC Press, 2011.
-  E. K. Antonsson and R. W. Mann, “The Frequency Content of Gait,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 39-47, 1985.
-  R. Tanawongsuwan and A. Bobick, “A Study of Human Gaits Across Different Speeds,” Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, 2003.
-  P. Terrier, Q. Ladetto, B. Merminod, and Y. Schutz, “High-precision Satellite Positioning System as a New Tool to Study the Biomechanics of Human Locomotion,” J. of Biomechanics, Vol.33, Issue 12, pp. 1717-1722, ISSN 0021-9290, 2000.
-  M. D. Bracker and W. J. Wooten, “Musculoskeletal Problems in Children,” Family Medicine: Principles and practice, Robert B. Taylor (editor), Vol.1, 5th edition, Springer-Verlag, New York, Inc., 1998.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.