A Pilot Study of a Tactile Measurement System Using Lateral Skin Stretch on Foot Plantar Surface
Shuichi Ino*, Manabu Chikai*, Emi Ozawa**, Tadasuke Ohnishi**, and Tetsumi Honda***
*Human Informatics Research Institute, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST)
Central 6, 1-1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8566, Japan
**Showa Inan General Hospital
3230 Akaho, Komagane, Nagano 399-4117, Japan
***Hanno Seiwa Hospital
137-2 Shimokaji, Hanno, Saitama 357-0016, Japan
-  IDF Diabetes Atlas committee, IDF Diabetes Atlas, 7th Edition, Brussels, Belgium, Int. Diabetes Federation, 2015.
-  N. Yoshimura, S. Muraki, H. Oka, A. Mabuchi, Y. En-Yo, M. Yoshida, A. Saika, H. Yoshida, T. Suzuki, S. Yamamoto, H. Ishibashi, H. Kawaguchi, K. Nakamura, and T. Akune, “Prevalence of knee osteoarthritis, lumbar spondylosis, and osteoporosis in Japanese men and women: the research on osteoarthritis/osteoporosis against disability study,” J. of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, Vol.27, No.5, pp. 620-628, 2009.
-  R. R. Rubin and M. Peyrot, “Quality of Life and Diabetes,” Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews, Vol.15, pp. 205-218, 1999.
-  S. Ino, M. Chikai, N. Takahashi, T. Ohnishi, K. Doi, and K. Nunokawa, “A Pilot Study of a Plantar Sensory Evaluation System for Early Screening of Diabetic Neuropathy in a Weight-bearing Position,” Proc. of the 36th Annual Int. Conf. of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, pp. 3508-3511, 2014.
-  S. Ino, T. Izumi, M. Takahashi, and T. Ifukube, “A psychophysical study on tactile sense produced by grasping for hand with sensory feedback,” Systems and Computers in Japan, Vol.24, pp. 89-97, 1993.
-  N. Kamei, K. Yamane, S. Nakanishi, Y. Yamashita, T. Tamura, K. Ohshita, H. Watanabe, R. Fujikawa, M. Okubo, and N. Kohno, “Effectiveness of Semmes-Weinstein monofilament examination for diabetic peripheral neuropathy screening,” J. of Diabetes and Its Complications, Vol.19, pp. 47-53, 2005.
-  M. Pare, H. Carnahan, and A. M. Smith, “Magnitude estimation of tangential force applied to the fingerpad,” Experimental Brain Research, Vol.142, pp. 342-348, 2002.
-  M. Sato, N. Takahashi, S. Yoshimura, K. Yamashita, C. Wada, S. Ino, A. Higuchi, T. Fukui, and T. Hirano, “A new device for foot sensory examination employing auto-presentation of shear force stimuli against the skin,” J. of Biomechanical Science and Engineering, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 1-11, 2015.
-  North Coast Medical, Inc., Touch-TestTM Sensory Evaluator, REV12749I_0611, CA, UAS, 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.