Using Data Mining on Students’ Learning Features: A Clustering Approach for Student Classification
Xiaolan Zhou*, Jianqi An**,†, Xin Zhao**, and Yuanxing Dong*
*School of Foreign Languages, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
**School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan 430074, China
-  R. M. Felder and R. Brent, “Understanding Student Differences,” J. of Engineering Education, Vol.94, No.1, pp. 57-72, 2005.
-  S. Graf, T. C. Liu, N. S. Chen, et al., “Learning Styles and Cognitive Traits-Their Relationship and Its Benefits in Web-based Educational Systems,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 1280-1289, 2009.
-  E. Guyton, “Social Justice in Teacher Education,” The Educational Forum, Vol.64, No.2, pp. 108-114, 2000.
-  R. G. Bringle and J. A. Hatcher, “Reflection in Service Learning: Making Meaning or Experience,” Educational Horizons, pp. 179-185, 1999.
-  Y. C. Chang, W. Y. Kao, C. P. Chu, et al., “A Learning Style Classification Mechanism for E-learning,” Computers & Education, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 273-285, 2009.
-  D. Anitha, C. Deisy, S. B. Lakshmi, et al., “Proposing a Classification Methodology to Reduce Learning Style Combinations for Better Teaching and Learning,” Technology for Education (T4E), 2014 IEEE Sixth Int. Conf. on. IEEE, pp. 208-211, 2014.
-  D. Anitha and C. Deisy, “Proposing a Novel Approach for Classification and Sequencing of Learning Objects in E-learning Systems Based on Learning Style,” J. of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol.29, No.2, pp. 539-552, 2015.
-  L. J. Deborah, R. Baskaran, and A. Kannan, “Learning Styles Assessment and Theoretical Origin in an E-learning Scenario,” Artificial Intelligence Review, Vol.42, No.4, pp. 801-819, 2014.
-  G. B. Ronsivalle and M. Conte, “A Model for the Evaluation of Learning Style Design Effectiveness,” Proc. the 4th Int. Conf. on Virtual Learning ICVL, pp. 70-77, 2009.
-  H. M. Truong, “Integrating Learning Styles and Adaptive E-learning System: Current Developments, Problems and Opportunities,” Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.55, pp. 1185-1193, 2015.
-  C. Manolis, D. J. Burns, R. Assudani, et al., “Assessing Experiential Learning Styles: A Methodological Reconstruction and Validation of the Kolb Learning Style Inventory,” Learning and Individual Differences, Vol.23, pp. 44-52, 2013.
-  C. Ipbuker, “Learning Styles and Teaching Models in Engineering Education,” Proc. of the 6th WSEAS Int. Conf. on Engineering Education, pp. 104-107, 2009.
-  S. Graf and T. C. Liu, “Supporting Teachers in Identifying Students’ Learning Styles in Learning Management Systems: An Automatic Student Modelling Approach,” Educational Technology & Society, Vol.12, No.4, pp. 3-14, 2009.
-  E. ddotOzpolat and G. B. Akar, “Automatic Detection of Learning Styles for an E-learning System,” Computers & Education, Vol.53, No.2, pp. 355-367, 2009.
-  L. Ling, Y. You, and M. Yan, “Research on Detecting Learning Style Based on TAN Bayesian Network,” Computer Engineering and Applications, Vol.51, No.6, pp. 48-54, 2015.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.