Sliding Mode MPPT Controller for Photovoltaic Systems Under Partial Shading Conditions
Min Ding*, Yi Tang**, Weihua Cao*,†, Zhili Tan*, Qingyi Wang*, and Danyun Li*
*School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
**School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
-  M. Zhang and J. Wu, “Application of slide technology in PV MPPT system,” Trans. of China Electrotechnical Society, Vol.20, No.3, pp. 90-93, 2005.
-  P. W. Xu, F. Liu, B. Y. Liu, et al., “Analysis, comparison and improvement of several MPPT methods for PV system,” Power Electronics, Vol.41, No.5, pp. 3-5, 2007.
-  G. Dileep and S. N. Singh, “Maximum power point tracking of solar photovoltaic system using modified perturbation and observation method,” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.50, pp. 109-129, 2015.
-  M. H. Wang, M. Wei, and C. Peng, “Application of improved increment conductance method in photovoltaic grid-connected system,” Chinese J. of Power Sources, Vol.38, No.12, pp. 2399-2401, 2014.
-  J. Liu, H. Meng, Y. Hu, et al., “A novel MPPT method for enhancing energy conversion efficiency taking power smoothing into account,” Energy Conversion & Management, Vol.101, pp. 738-748, 2015.
-  M. Farhat, O. Barambones, and L. Sbita, “Efficiency optimization of a DSP-based standalone PV system using a stable single input fuzzy logic controller,” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol.49, pp. 907-920, 2015.
-  S. C. Tan, Y. M. Lai, C. K. Tse, et al., “A fixed-frequency pulsewidth modulation based quasi-sliding-mode controller for buck converters,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.20, No.6, pp. 1379-1392.
-  Y. Hu, W. Cao, J. Wu, et al., “Thermography-Based Virtual MPPT Scheme for Improving PV Energy Efficiency Under Partial Shading Conditions,” IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Vol.29, No.11, pp. 5667-5672, 2014.
-  Y. Wang, Y. Li, and X. Ruan, “High accuracy and fast speed MPPT methods for PV string under partially shaded conditions,” IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, Vol.63, No.1, pp. 235-245, 2016.
-  M. A. Masoum, H. Dehbonei, and E. F. Fuchs, “Theoretical and experimental analyses of photovoltaic systems with voltage and current-based maximum power-point tracking,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 514-522, 2002.
-  D. G. Montoya, C. A. R. Paja, and R. Giral, “Maximum power point tracking of photovoltaic systems based on the sliding mode control of the module admittance,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol.136, pp. 125-134, 2016.
-  A. J. Forsyth and S. V. Mollov, “Modelling and control of DC-DC converters,” Power Engineer, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 229-236, 1998.
-  Y. W. He and W. S. Xu, “A PWM-based integral sliding mode controller for AC/DC boost converter,” Power inverter, Vol.30, No.6, pp. 42-44, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.