Mining Time-Interval Sequential Patterns with High Utility from Transaction Databases
Wen-Yen Wang* and Anna Y.-Q. Huang**
*Department of Information Engineering, Kun Shan University
No.195, Kunda Rd., Yongkang District, Tainan City 71070, Taiwan
**Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Central University
No. 300, Zhongda Rd., Zhongli District, Taoyuan City, Taiwan
-  L. Kaufman and P. J. Rousseeuw, “Finding Groups in Data,” Wiley, New York, 1990.
-  J. Han, M. Kamber, and J. Pei, “Data mining: concepts and techniques,” 3rd Edition, Morgan kaufmann, 2006.
-  H. Yao and H. J. Hamilton, “Mining itemset utilities from transaction databases,” Data & Knowledge Engineering, Vol.59, No.3, pp. 603-626, 2006.
-  T. P. Hong, C. H. Lee, and S. L. Wang, “Mining high average-utility itemsets,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 2526-2530, 2009.
-  Y. L. Chen and C. K. Huang, “Discovering fuzzy time-interval sequential patterns in sequence databases,” IEEE Trans SystMan Cybern, Part B, Cybern, Vol.35, No.5, 2005.
-  S. J. Yen and Y. S. Lee, “Mining non-redundant time-gap sequential patterns,” Applied Intelligence, pp. 1-12, 2013.
-  S. J. Yen and Y. S. Lee, “Mining time-gap sequential patterns,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE), Lecture notes in Artificial Intelligence, Vol.7345, pp. 637-646, June, 2012.
-  M. A. Jabbar, B. L. Deekshatulu, and P. Chandra. “A Novel Algorithm for Utility-Frequent Itemset Mining in Market Basket Analysis,” Innovations in Bio-Inspired Computing and Applications, Springer Int. Publishing, pp. 337-345, 2016.
-  D. Burdick, M. Calimlim, J. Flannick, J. Gehrke, and T. Yiu, “MAFIA: a maximal frequent itemset algorithm,” IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.17, No.11, pp. 1490-1504, 2005.
-  R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules,” Proc. 20th Int. Conf. Very Large Data Bases, pp. 487-499, 1994.
-  R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Mining Sequential Patterns,” ICDE, 1995.
-  R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Mining sequential patterns: generalizations and performance improvements,” Proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Extending Database Technology, pp. 3-17. 1996.
-  J. Ayres, J. Flannick, J. Gehrke, and T. Yiu, “Sequential pattern mining using a bitmap representation,” Proc. of the 8th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 429-435, 2002.
-  M. J. Zaki, “SPADE: An efficient algorithm for mining frequent sequences,” Machine learning, Vol.42, No.1-2, pp. 31-60, 2001.
-  J. Han, J. Pei, B. Mortazavi-Asl, Q. Chen, U. Dayal, and M. C. Hsu, “FreeSpan: frequent pattern-projected sequential pattern mining,” Proc. of the 6th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 355-359, 2000.
-  J. Pei, J. Han, B. Mortazavi-Asl, J. Wang, H. Pinto, Q. Chen, U. Dayal, and M. C. Hsu, “Mining sequential patterns by pattern growth: The prefixspan approach,” IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.16, No.11, pp. 1424-1440, 2004.
-  R. Agrawal, H. Mannile, R. Srikant, H. Toivonen, and A. I. Verkamo, “Fast Discovery of Association Rules,” U. M. Fayyad, G. Piatetsky-Shapiro, P. Smyth, and Ft. Uthu-rusamy (Eds.), Advances in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, AAAI/MIT Press, Chapter 12, pp. 307-328, 1996.
-  Y. L. Chen, M. C. Chiang, and M. T. Ko , “Discovering time-interval sequential patterns in sequence databases,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.25, No.3, pp. 343-354, 2003.
-  S. Shankar, T. Purusothaman, S. Jayanthi, and N. Babu, “A Fast Algorithm for Mining High Utility Itemsets,” IEEE Int. Advance Computing Conf. 2009 (IACC 2009), pp. 1459-1464, 2009.
-  T. P. Hong, C. H. Lee, and S. L. Wang, “Effective utility mining with the measure of average utility,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.7, pp. 8259-8265, July 2011.
-  S. J. Chen, “A Study and Implementation of Applying Data Mining on Dermatologic Diseases,” Master Thesis, Kun Shan University, 2012.
-  R. Chan, Q. Yang, and Y. D. Shen, “Mining high utility itemsets,” Proc. of the 3rd IEEE Int. Conf. on Data Mining, Melbourne, Florida, pp. 19-26, 2003.
-  W.-Y. Wang, and A. Y.-Q. Huang, “Considering High Utilities for Time Interval Sequential Pattern Mining.” The 2015 Conf. on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Tainan, Taiwan, pp. 412-418, pp. 20-22, Nov. 2015.
-  Bradley R. Chiller, “Essentials of Economics,” New York: McGraw-Hill, 1991.
-  J. Z. Wang, J. L. Huang, and Y. C. Chen, “On efficiently mining high utility sequential patterns,” Knowledge and Information Systems, pp. 1-31, 2016.
-  J. C. W. Lin, W. Gan, P. Fournier-Viger, T. P. Hong, and J. Zhan, “Efficient mining of high-utility itemsets using multiple minimum utility thresholds,” Knowledge-Based Systems, 2016.
-  J. Liu, K. Wang, and B. C. Fung, “Mining High Utility Patterns in One Phase without Generating Candidates,” IEEE Trans. on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 1245-1257, 2016.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.