A Novel Approach for Determining Distributed Generations Penetration Level Using Least Square Minimization (LSM) Curve Fitting
Rodel D. Dosano*, Nemia H. Mabaquiao**, Godelyn Gallega-Hisole**, Regin A. Cabacas*, and In-Ho Ra***,†
*College of Information and Communications Technology, West Visayas State University
Luna Street, La Paz, Iloilo City, Philippines
**Department of Electrical Engineering, Iloilo Science and Technology University
Burgos Street, La Paz, Iloilo City, Philippines
***School of Computer, Information and Communication Engineering, Kunsan National University
558 Daehak-ro, Miryong-dong, Kunsan, South Korea
-  F. Shahnia and A. Ghosh, “High Penetration of Rooftop Photovoltaic Cells in Low Voltage Distribution Networks,” Voltage Imbalance and Improvement, Renewable Energy Integration: Challenges and Solutions, Springer-Verlag Singapur, pp. 69-65, 2014.
-  S. Wanxing, Z. Shanshan, S. Xiaohu, and M. Xiaoli, “Maximum penetration level of distributed generation in consideration of voltage fluctuations based on multi-resolution model” IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol.9, Issue 3, pp. 241-248, 2015.
-  V. V. Thong, J. Driesen, and R. Belmans, “Transmission system operation concerns with high penetration level of distributed generation,” 42nd Int. Universities Power Engineering Conf., pp. 867-871, 2007.
-  C. H. Nguyen, N. Mithulananthan, and R. C. Bansal, “Location and Sizing of Distributed Generation Units for Loadabilty Enhancement in Primary Feeder,” IEEE Systems J., Vol.7, Issue 4, pp. 797-806, 2013.
-  H. A. Abdelsalam, A. Y. Abdelaziz, R. A. Osama, and B. K. Panigrahi, “Effect of Photovoltaic and Wind Power Variations in Distribution System Reconfiguration for Loss Reduction Using Ant Colony Algorithm,” Swarm, Evolutionary and Memetic Computing, Springer-Int. Publishing, pp. 504-514, 2013.
-  T. Senjyu, Y. Miyazato, A. Yona, and N. Urasaki, “Optimal Distribution Voltage Control and Coordination With Distributed Generation,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, Vol.23, Issue 2, pp. 1236-1242, 2008.
-  IEEE Test Feeders, http://ewh.ieee.org/soc/pes/dsacom/testfeeders/ [Accessed March 26, 2016]
-  Panay Electric Company Website, http://www.panayelectric.com/ [Accessed March 26, 2016]
-  PECO Feeder Information, http://www.panayelectric.Com /pageid =557 [Accessed March 26, 2016]
-  N. H. Mabaquiao, G. G. Hisole, R. D. Dosano, R. A. Cabacas and I. H. Ra, “Distributed Generations Penetration Levels and its Effects on a Distribution System: A Simulation-based Study,” Joint SCIS and ISIS Conf., Mokpo, South Korea, 2015.
-  G. G. Hisole, R. D. Dosano, R. A. Cabacas, and I. H. Ra, “Determining the Optimal Reactive Power Dispatch of a Distribution System with Renewable Energy Sources using Differential Evolution Algorithm,” Joint SCIS and ISIS Conf., Mokpo, South Korea, 2015.
-  J. Bank, B. Mather, J. Keller, and M. Coddington, “High Penetration Photovoltaic Case Study Report,” National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Technical Report NREL/TP-5500-54742, January 2013.
-  S. A. Soliman and A. M. Alkandari, “Electrical Load Forecasting,” Elsevier Publishing, 2010.
-  A. EL-Dib, H. Youssef, H. EL-Metwally, and Z. Ozman, “Maximum loadability of power systems using hybrid particle swarm optimization,” Electric Power Systems Research, Vol.76, Issue 6, pp. 485-492, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.