Proposed Traffic Light Control Mechanism Based on Multi-Agent Coordination
Satoshi Kurihara*, Ryo Ogawa*, Kosuke Shinoda*, and Hirohiko Suwa**
*The University of Electro-Communications
1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
**Nara Institute of Science and Technology (NAIST)
8916-5 Takayama-cho, Ikoma, Nara 630-0192, Japan
-  S. Kurihara, H. Tamaki, M. Numao, K. Kagawa, J. Yano, and T. Morita, “Traffic congestion forecasting based on pheromone communication model for intelligent transport systems,” Proc. of IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 2879-2884, May 2009.
-  T. Nakata and J. Takeuchi, “Mining traffic data from probe-car system for travel time prediction,” Proc. of the 10th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 817-822, August 2004.
-  MODERATO-S, Sumitomo electric industries, ltd., http://global-sei.com/its/systems/itcs.html.
-  N. Gartner, F. Pooran, and C. Andrews, “Implementation of the opac adaptive control strategy in a traffic signal network,” Proc. of Intelligent Transportation Systems, pp. 195-200, 2001.
-  S. Takahashi, H. Nakamura, H. Kazama, and T. Fujikura, “Adaptive traffic signal control for the fluctuations of the flow using a genetic algorithm,” WIT PRESS, 2002.
-  J. J. Sanchez-Medina, M. J. Galan-Moreno, and E. Rubio-Royo, “Traffic signal optimization in la almozara district in saragossa under congestion conditions, using genetic algorithms, traffic microsimulation, and cluster computing,” IEEE Trans. on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol.11, No.1, pp. 132-141, March 2010.
-  S. Mikami and Y. Kakazu, “Genetic reinforcement learning for cooperative traffic signal control,” 1994 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence., Proc. of the 1st IEEE Conf. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.1, pp. 223-228, June 1994.
-  P. Balaji, G. Sachdeva, and D. Srinivasan, “Multi-agent system based urban traffic management,” 2007 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1740-1747, September 2007.
-  J.-D. Schmocker, S. Ahuja, and M. G. Bell, “Multi-objective signal control of urban junctions - framework and a london case study,” Transportation Research Part C, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 454-470, August 2008.
-  X.-H. Yu and W. Recker, “Stochastic adaptive control model for traffic signal systems,” Transportation Research Part C, Vol.14, No.4, pp. 263-282, August 2006.
-  Stefan Lammer and Dirk Helbing, “Self-control of traffic lights and vehicle flows in urban road networks,” J. of Statistical Mechanics: Theory and Experiment, P04019, pp.1-34, 2008.
-  I. Nishikawa, “Dynamics of oscillator network and its application to offset control of traffic signals,” 2004 IEEE Int. Joint Conf. on Neural Nwtworks, Vol.2, pp. 1273-1277, July 2004.
-  K. Satoh, R. Nagaoka, N. Yasuba, J. Yano, K. Kagawa, T. Morita, M. Numao, and S. Kurihara, “Construction of autonomous traffic light control system using multi-agent model (japanese),” The 22nd Annual Conf. of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence CD-ROM, June 2008.
-  D. de Oliveira, A. L. Bazzan, and V. Lesser, “Using cooperative mediation to coordinate traffic lights: a case study,” Proceeding of Fourth Int. Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, pp. 463-469, July 2005.
-  A. L. C. Bazzan, “Opportunities for multiagent systems and multiagent reinforcement learning in traffic control,” Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 313-341, June 2009.
-  Rui Jiang, Jin-Yong Chen, Zhong-Jun Ding, Da-Cheng Ao, Mao-Bin Hu, Zi-You Gao, and Bin Jia, “Network operation reliability in a Manhattan-like urban system with adaptive traffic lights,” Transport. Res. Part C, pp. 1-21, 2016.
-  Ronny Kutadinata, Will Moase, Chris Manzie, Lele Zhang, and Tim Garoni, “Enhancing the performance of existing urban traffic light control through extremum-seeking,” Transportation Research Part C 62, pp. 1-20, 2016.
-  Jiaxing Xu, Weihua Sun, Naoki Shibata, and Minoru Ito, “GreenSwirl: Combining Traffic Signal Control and Route Guidance for Reducing Traffic Congestion,” IEEE Vehicular Networking Conf. (VNC), pp. 175-182, 2014.
-  Weirong Liu, Jing Liu, Jun Peng, and Zhengfa Zhu, “Cooperative Multi-agent Traffic Signal Control System Using Fast Gradient-descent Function Approximation For V2I Networks,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications (ICC), pp. 2562-2567, 2014.
-  Maha Rezzai, Wafaa Dachry, Fouad Moutaouakkil, and Hicham Medromi, “Designing an Intelligent System for Traffic Management,” J. of Communication and Computer, Vol.12, pp. 123-127, 2015.
-  K. Nagel and M. Schreckenberg, “A cellular automaton model for freeway traffic,” J. of Physics I France, Vol.2, pp. 2221-2229, December 1992.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.