Key Factors of Emerging Luxury Brand Construction: Empirical Case Study of Korloff
Zhiqing Jiang and Shin’ya Nagasawa
Graduate School of Commerce, Waseda University
No.11 Building, 3F, 1-6-1 Nishiwaseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
-  J. L. Nueno and J. A. Quelch, The mass marketing of luxury, Business Horizons, Vol.41, No.6, pp. 61-68, 1998.
-  S. Wetlaufer, The perfect paradox of star brands: an interview with Bernard Arnault of LVMH, Harvard Business Review, Vol.79, No.9, pp. 116-123, 2001.
-  M. Chevalier and G. Mazzalovo, Luxury Brand Management: A World of Privilege, Singapore: Wiley, 2008.
-  A. Radón, “Unintended Brand Endorsers’ Impact on Luxury Brand Image,” Int. J. of Marketing Studies, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 108-115, 2012.
-  A. O’Cass and H. Frost, “Status brands: examining the effects of non-product-related brand associations on status and conspicuous consumption,” J. of Product and Brand Management, Vol.11, No.2/3, pp. 67-88, 2002.
-  M. Silverstein and N. Fiske, “Luxury for the masses,” Harvard Business Review, Vol.81, No.4, pp. 48-57, 2003.
-  P. Letelier, E. Navarro, and V. Anaya, “Customizing Traceability in a Software Development Process,” O. Vasilecas, W. Wojtkowski, J. Zupanvcivc, A. Caplinskas, W. G. Wojtkowski, and S. Wrycza, (Eds), Information Systems Development Advances in Theory, Practice, and Education, Boston, MA: Springer Science Business Media, pp. 137-148, 2004.
-  J. N. Kapferer and V. Bastien, The luxury strategy- break the rules of marketing to build luxury brands, London and Philadelphia: Kogan Page, 2009.
-  F. Dall’Olmo Riley, W. Lomax, and A. Blunden, “Dove versus Dior: extending the brand extension decision-making process from mass to luxury,” Australasian Marketing J., Vol.12, No.3, pp. 40-55, 2004.
-  K. L. Keller, Strategy Brand Management: Building, measuring and Managing Brand equity, New Jersey: Prentice-House 2003.
-  C. W. Park, B. J. Jaworski, and D. J. MacInnis, “Strategic brand concept image management,” J. of Marketing, Vol.50, No.10, pp. 135-145, 1986.
-  E. Ditcher, “What’s in an image,” J. of Consumer Marketing, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 75-81, 1985.
-  M. Chevalier and G. Mazzalovo, “Pro Logo: Brand as a factor of progress,” New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2004.
-  U. Okonkwo, Luxury fashion branding- trends, tactics, techniques, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007.
-  J. T. Plummer, “How personality makes a difference,” J. of Advertising Research, Vol.40, No.6, pp. 79-83, 2000.
-  J. Van Rekom, G. Jacobs, and P. W. J. Verlegh, “Measuring and managing the essence of a brand personality,” Marketing Letters, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 181-192, 2006.
-  J. N. Kapferer, Strategic brand management, New York: The Free Press, 1992.
-  J. N. Kapferer, The new strategic brand management: creating and sustaining brand equity long term. London: Kogan Page, 2008.
-  K. L. Keller, “Conceptualizing, measuring, and managing customer-based brand equity,” J. of Marketing, Vol.57, No.1, pp. 1-22, 1993.
-  P. Kotler and K. L. Keller, “Marketing Management (12th Ed.),” Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2006.
-  D. Alleres, “Luxe – Strategies Marketing,” Economica, Vol.1, pp. 35-47, 1990.
-  F. Hirsch, “The Social Limits to Growth,” London: Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1977.
-  S. Kvale, Interview: an Introdution to Qualitative Research Interviewing, London: Sage, 1996.
-  C. McNamara, “General Guidelines for Conducting Interviews, Authenticity Consulting,” LLC, 1999, Available at: www.managementhelp.org/evaluatn/intrview.htm [Accessed July 8, 2014]
-  H. R. Bernard, Research methods in anthropology: qualitative and quantitative approaches (4th edition), New York: Altamira, 2006.
-  B. Catry, “The great pretenders: the magic of luxury goods,” Business strategy review, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 10-17, 2003.
-  B. H. Schmitt, A. Simonson, and J. Marcus, “Managing Corporate Image and Identity,” Long Range Planning, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 82-92, 1995.
-  S. Vaux Halliday and S. Kuenzel, “Brand identification: a theory-based construct for conceptualising links between corporate branding, identity and communications,” In T. C. Melewar and E. Karaosmanoglu (Eds.), Contemporary Thoughts on Corporate Branding and Corporate Identity Management, Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 91-114, 2008.
-  A. E. Kirby and A. M. Kent, “Architecture as brand: store design and brand identity,” J. of Product and Brand Management, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 432-439, 2010.
-  S. Manuelli, Design for Shopping, London: Lawrence King, 2006.
-  S. A. Doyle, C. M. Moore, A. M. Doherty, and M. Hamilton, “Brand context and control: the role of the flagship store in B and B Italia,” Int. J. of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.36 No.7, pp. 551-563, 2008.
-  B. Godey, J. Lagier, and D. Pederzoli, “A measurement scale of “aesthetic style” applied to luxury goods stores,” Int. J. of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.37, No.6, pp. 527-537, 2009.
-  C. M. Moore and G. Birtwistle, “The Burberry business model: creating an international luxury fashion brand,” Int. J. of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.32, No.8/9, pp. 412-422, 2004.
-  C. M. Moore, A. M. Doherty, and S. A. Doyle, “Flagship stores as a market entry method: the perspective of luxury fashion retailing,” Paper presented at AMA/ACRA Conf., Orlando, FL., November, 2006.
-  J. Bowen, “Brand culture: going beyond brand position to enhance consumer loyalty and trust,” Paper presented at the conference of Brand environments organised by the strategic Research Institute, Orlando, Florida, Decmeber 3-4, 1998.
-  Blue is the Color, The Economist, Available at: http://www.economist.com/node/133190, [Accessed June 4, 2014]
-  F. Gastaldi, “Internet, social media and luxury strategy,” In J. Hoffmann and I. Coste-Manière (Eds.), Luxury strategy in action, London: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 108-123, 2012.
-  E. Roux and J. M. Floch, “Gérer l’ingérable: La contradiction interne de toute maison de luxe,” Décisions Marketing, Vol.9, pp. 15-23, 1996.
-  Sidney J. Levy, “Symbols for sale,” In D. W. Rook (Eds.), Brands, Consumers, Symbols and Research: Sidney J. Levy on Marketing, Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage (Reprinted from Harvard Business Review, New York: Harvard Business School Publishing, Vol.37, No.7/8, pp. 117-124, 1959), pp. 203-212, 1999.
-  J. S. Vickers and F. Renand, “The marketing of luxury goods: an exploratory study – three conceptual dimensions,” The Marketing Review, Vol.3, No.4, pp. 459-478, 2003.
-  E. Y. Lin, “A Cross-Cultural Study of Luxury e-Branding: Standardization vs. Adaptation, Product Category, and Country-of-Origin,” Ying Xiao Ping Lun, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 91-120, 2012.
-  F. Piron, “Consumers’ Perceptions of the Country-of-Origin Effect on Purchasing Intention of (in) Conspicuous Products,” J. of Consumer Marketing, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 308-319, 2000.
-  A. Rahnamaee and P. Berger, “Investigating consumers’ online purchasing behavior: Single-brand e-retailers versus multi-brand e-retailers,” J. of Marketing Analytics, Vol.1, No.3, pp. 138-148, 2013.
-  R. Hansen and N. Bjørn-Andersen, “Cube Assessment Framework for B2C Websites Applied in a Longitudinal Study in the Luxury Fashion Industry,” J. of Theoretical and Applied Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 1-20, 2013.
-  J. A. Narcum and J. Coleman, “You can’t fool me! Or can you? Assimilation and contrast effects on consumers’ evaluations of product authenticity in the online environment,” J. of Asian Business Strategy, Vol.5, No.9, pp. 200-207, 2015.
-  H. Kim, Y. Choi, and Y. Lee, “Web atmospheric qualities in luxury fashion brand web sites,” J. of Fashion Marketing and Management, Vol.19, No.4, pp. 384-401, 2015.
-  A. Geerts and N. Veg-Sala, “Le luxe et Internet: évolutions d’un paradoxe,” Revue Management and Avenir, Vol.71, pp. 111-128, 2014.
-  P. E. Bertea and A. Zait, “Perceived risk vs. Intention to adopt e-commerce – a pilot study of potential moderators/odnos izmedu percipiranog rizika i namjere usvajanja e-trgovanja – pilot studija potencijalnih moderatora,” Trziste=Market, Vol.25, No.2, pp. 213-229, 2013.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.