Several Extended CAViaR Models and Their Applications to the VaR Forecasting of the Security Markets
Xiaorong Yang, Chun He, and Jie Chen
College of Statistics & Mathematics, Zhejiang Gongshang University
Hangzhou 310018, China
-  Basel Committee on Banking Supervison (BCBS), Basel I: Market Risk Amendment to the Capital Accord, Bank for Int. Settlements, 1996.
-  R. F. Engle and S. Manganelli, “CAViaR: Conditional autoregressive value at risk byregression quantiles,” J. of Business & Economoc Statistics. Vol.22, No.4: pp. 367-381 2004.
-  X. Wang and X. Song, “Measure Market Risk Based on Bayesian Quantile Regression Model,” J. of System and Management, Vol.18, No.1, 2009.
-  D. Huang, B. Yu, Z. Lu, F. J. Fabozzi, S. Focardi, and M. Fukushima, “Index-exciting CAViaR: A new empirical time-varying risk model,” Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 1-27, 2010.
-  C. W. S. Chen, R. Gerlach, B. B. K. Hwang, and M. McAleer, “Forecasting value-at-risk using nonlinear regression quantiles and intra-day range,” Department of Economics and Finance College of Business and Economics University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand, Working paper, 2011.
-  J. Schaumburg, “Predicting extreme value at risk: Nonparametric quantile regression with refinements from extreme value theory,” Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol.56, pp. 4081-4096, 2012.
-  K. Kuester, S. Mittnik, and M. S. Paolella, “Value-at-risk prediction: A comparison of alternative strategies,” J. of Financial Econometrics, Vol.4, pp. 53-89, 2006.
-  J. Zakoian, “Threshold heteroskedastic models,” J. of Economic Dynamicsand Control, Vol.18, No.5, pp. 931-955 1994.
-  R. Koenker, and J. G. Bassett, “Regression quantiles, Econometrica” J. of the Econometric Society, pp. 33-50 1978.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.