Optimistic Value Model of Uncertain Linear Quadratic Optimal Control with Jump
Liubao Deng* and Yuefen Chen**
*School of Finance, Anhui University of Finance and Economics
962 Caoshan Road, Bengbu 233030, China
* College of Mathematics and Information Science, Xinyang Normal University
237 Nanhu Road, Xinyang 464000, China
Based on the optimistic value model of uncertain optimal control model with jump, in this paper, an optimistic value model of uncertain linear quadratic (LQ) optimal control with jump is proposed. Then, the necessary and sufficient condition for the existence of optimal control is obtained. Finally, an enterprize’s inventory problem is given to illustrate usefulness of the proposed model.
-  R. Kalman, “Contribution to the theory of optimal control,” Boletin Sociedad Matematica Mexicana, Vol.5, No.1, pp. 102-119, 1960.
-  W. Wonham, “On a matrix Riccati equation of stochastic control,” SIAM J. on Control and Optimization, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 681-697, 1968.
-  W. Wonham, “Random differential equation in control theory,” Probabilistic Method in Applied Mathematics, A. T. Bharucha-Reid, Ed. Chapt.2., Academic Press, New York. 1970.
-  J. Bismut, “Linear quadratic optimal stochastic control with random coefficients,” SIAM J. on Control an Optimization, Vol.14, No.3, pp. 419-444, 1976.
-  A. Bonsoussan, “A Stochastic Control of Partially Observed Systems,” Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, UK, 1992.
-  M. Davis, “Linear Estimation and Stochastic Control,” Chapman and Hall, London, UK, 1977.
-  S. Chen, X. Li, and X. Zhou, “Stochastic Linear Quadratic Regulators with Indefinite Control Weight Costs,” SIAM J. on Control and Optimization, Vol.36, No.5, pp. 1685-1702, 1998.
-  H. Wu and X. Zhou, “Characterizing all optimal controls for an indefinite stochastic linear quadratic control problem,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.47, No.7, pp. 1119-1122, 2002.
-  X. Zhou and D. Li, “Continuous-time mean-variance portfolio selection: A stochastic LQ framework,” Applied Mathematics and Optimization, Vol.42, No.1, pp. 19-33, 2009.
-  B. Liu, “Why is there a need for uncertainty theory?,” J. of Uncertain Systems, Vol.6, No.1, pp. 3-10, 2012.
-  B. Liu, “Uncertainty Theory (2nd Ed.),” Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2007.
-  Y. Zhu, “Uncertain optimal control with application to a portfolio selection model,” Cybernetics and Systems, Vol.41, No.7, pp. 535-547, 2010.
-  Y. Kang and Y. Zhu, “Bang-bang optimal control for multi-stage uncertain systems,” Information: An Int. Interdisciplinary J., Vol.15, No.8, pp. 3229-3238, 2012.
-  X. Xu and Y. Zhu, “Uncertain bang-bang control for continuous time model,” Cybernetics and Systems: An Int. J., Vol.43, No.6, pp. 515-527, 2012.
-  H. Yan and Y. Zhu, “Bang-bang control model for uncertain switched systems,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, in press, Online available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2014.10.042, 2014.
-  R. Chen and Y. Zhu, “An optimal control model for uncertain systems with time-delay,” J. of the Operations Research Society of Japan, Vol.56, No.4, pp. 243-256, 2013.
-  K. Yao and Z. Qin, “An uncertain control model with application to production inventory system,” Proc. 12th Asia Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conf., Beijing, China, pp. 972-977, 2011.
-  L. Deng and Y. Zhu, “Uncertain optimal control with jump,” ICIC Express Letters, Part B: Applications, Vol.3, No.2, pp. 419-424, 2012.
-  L. Deng and Y. Zhu, “An uncertain optimal control model with n jumps and application,” Computer Science and Information Systems, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 1453-1468, 2012.
-  L. Deng and Y. Zhu, “Uncertain optimal control of linear quadratic models with jump,” Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol.57, No.9-10, pp. 2432-2441, 2013.
-  L. Deng, “Multidimensional uncertain optimal control of linear quadratic models with jump,” J. of Computational Information Systems, Vol.8, No.18, pp. 7441-7448, 2012.
-  L. Sheng and Y. Zhu, “Optimistic value model of uncertain optimal control,” Int. J. of Uncertainty, Fuzziness & Knowledge-Based Systems, Vol.21, No.Suppl.1, pp. 75-83, 2013.
-  L. Deng, “Optimistic value model of uncertain optimal control with jump and application in finance,” http://orsc.edu.cn/online/150118.pdf., 2014.
-  F. Harris, “How many parts to make at once, Factory,” The Magazine of Management, No.10, pp. 135-136, 152, 1913; reprinted in Operations Research, Vol.38, pp. 947-950, 1990.
-  H. Simon, “Dynamic Programming under Uncertainty with a Quadratic Criterion Function,” Econometrica, Vol.24, pp. 74-81, 1956.
-  C. Holt, F. Modigliani, J. Muth, and H. Simon, “Planning Production, Inventories, and Work Force,” Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, 1960.
-  C. Huang, L. Fan, and L. Erickson, “Optimum Production Planning by the Maximum Principle,” Management Science, No.13, pp. 751-755, 1967.
-  R. Merton, “Optimal consumption and portfolio rules in a continuous time model,” J. of Economic Theory, No.3, pp. 373-413, 1971.
-  S. Sethi and G. Thompson, “Optimal Control Theory: Application to Management Science,” Martinus Nijhoff Publishing, 1981.
-  Y. Zheng, “Optimal Control Policy for Stochastic Inventory Systems with Markovian Discount Opportunities,” Operations Research, Vol.42, No.4, pp. 721-738, 1994.
-  X. Ouyang, “Stochastic Optimization of Inventory Control,” Mathematica Applicata, Vol.23, No.2, pp. 445-449, 2010.