A Hybrid Fuzzy Logic – PLC-Based Controller for Earthquake Simulator System
Renann G. Baldovino and Elmer P. Dadios
De La Salle University
2401 Taft Avenue, 0922 Manila, Philippines
-  D. A. Kusner, J. D. Rood, and G. W. Burton, “Signal reproduction fidelity of servo-hydraulic testing equipment,” Proc. of the 10th World Conf. on Earthquake Engineering (WCEE), Rotterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 2683-2688, 1992.
-  The BOSS Model: Building Oscillation Seismic Simulation Official Website, http://www.iris.edu. [Accessed September 21, 2015]
-  K. Ohtani, N. Ogawa, T. Katayama, and H. Shibata, “Construction of E-Defense,” 13th World Congress on Earthquake Eng., Paper No.189, 2004.
-  UC Berkeley Shaking Table. Retrieved from Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER) Center: http://peer.berkeley.edu. [Accessed September 21, 2015]
-  S. J. Dyke, B. Nepote, and J. M. Caicedo, “Earthquake simulator control by the transfer function iteration method,” 2nd European Conf. on Structural Control, July 2000.
-  R. Reitherman, “Earthquakes and engineers: an international history,” ASCE, pp. 126-127.
-  R. G. Baldovino and E. P. Dadios, “Design and development of a fuzzy-PLC for an earthquake simulator / shake table,” 7th IEEE Int. Conf. on Humanoid, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Communication and Control, Environment and Management (HNICEM), November 2014.
-  B. S. Twitchell and M. D. Symans, “Analytical modeling, system identification and tracking performance of uniaxial seismic simulators,” J. of Eng. Mechanics, ASCE, Vol.129, No.12, pp. 1485-1488, 2003.
-  J. P. Conte and T. L. Trombetti, “Linear dynamic modeling of a uniaxial servo-hydraulic shaking table system,” Earthquake Engineering Structure Dynamics, Vol.29, pp. 1375-1404, 2000.
-  Seismicapprovals.com, “Types of tables,” 2015. [Online]. Available: http://tobolskiwatkins.com [Accessed September 21, 2015].
-  R. Macedonia, “DYNLAB-seismic shaking table,” Retrieved from IZIIS, Skopje: http://www.iziis.edu.mk. [Accessed September 21, 2015]
-  F. Owen, “Introduction to control systems,” Control Systems Engineering: A Practical Approach, 2012.
-  J. Kuehn, D. Epp, and W. D. Patten, “High-fidelity control of a seismic shake table,” Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol.28, No.11, pp. 1235-1254, November 1999.
-  Y. Sawada and N. Ohgawara, “High-fidelity tracking control of electric shaking tables,” Proc. of the 17th IFAC World Congress, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 2318-2323, July 2008.
-  S. J. Campbell, “Solid-state ac motor control,” New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., pp. 79-189, 1987.
-  E. H. Mamdani, “Application of fuzzy algorithms for the control of a dynamic plant,” IEE Proc., Vol.121, No.12, pp. 1585-1588, 1974.
-  R. Langari, “Past, present and future of fuzzy control: a case for application of fuzzy logic in hierarchical control,” 18th Int. Conf. of the North American Source, pp. 760-765, July 1999.
-  PHIVOLCS Earthquake Intensity Scale (PEIS) Official Website, http://www.phivolcs.dost.gov.ph. [Accessed September 21, 2015]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.