Design and Evaluation of Consumer-Oriented Reviewing Platform with Receipt Log
Seiki Tokunaga*, Akihiro Okushi**, Sachio Saiki*, Shinsuke Matsumoto*, and Masahide Nakamura*
1-1 Rokkodai, Nada, Kobe, Hyogo 657-8501, Japan
**NS Solutions Kansai Corporation
7-20-1 Fukushima, Fukushima Osaka, Osaka 553-0003, Japan
This paper develops ReceiptLogService Platform, which enables consumers to using their personal purchase receipts, store their receipt logs, and to use the data for various consumer services. The proposed platform consists of three components: receipt scanner, ReceiptLog DB, and ReceiptLog API. The receipt scanner digitizes daily receipts, and the ReceiptLog DB manages the scanned data. The ReceiptLog API provides the receipt log as a service. The API consists of the BasicAPI, which provides fundamental access for the receipt log, whereas the MiningAPI performs a statistical analysis of the receipt log. These APIs are published as Web services, and can used by multiple applications and services for various purposes. We also conduct an experimental evaluation with actual subjects, to confirm the usefulness of services with receipt log.
-  A. Okushi, S. Tokunaga, S. Matsumoto, and M. Nakamura, “Sma-Sho: Implementation and Evaluation of a Shopping Support Service Using Receipt Log,” Asia-Pacific Symp. on Information and Telecommunication Technologies, Nov. 2012.
-  S. Tokunaga, S. Matsumoto, and M. Nakamura, “Implementation and Evaluation of Consumer-Oriented Lifelog Service Using Daily Receipts,” The 13th Int. Conf. on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services, pp. 337-340, December 2011.
-  S. Tokunaga, A. Okushi, S. Saiki, S. Matsumoto, and M. Nakamura, “Consumer-Oriented ReceiptLog Service Platform for Effective Applications,” Joint 7th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 15th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 398-403, December 2014.
-  F. Chen and T. Ou, “Sales forecasting system based on Gray extreme learning machine with Taguchi method in retail industry,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.38, No.3, pp. 1336-1345, 2011.
-  A. M. Hughes, “Strategic Database Marketing,” McGraw-Hill Inc., 1994.
-  G. Bell and J. Gemmell, “Total Recall: How the E-Memory Revolution Will Change Everything,” Dutton Adult, Sep. 2009.
-  O. H. Kieron, T. Mischa, and S. Nigel, “Lifelogging: Privacy and Empowerment with Memories for Life,” Identity in the Information Society, Vol.1, No.5, pp. 155-172, 2008.
-  MediaDriveInc., “Yasasiku Kakeibo,” 2009.
-  O. Zimmermann, V. Doubrovski, J. Grundler, and K. Hogg, “Service-oriented Architecture and Business Process Choreography in an Order Management Scenario: Rationale, Concepts, Lessons Learned,” Companion to the 20th Annual ACM SIGPLAN Conf. on Object-oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications, OOPSLA’05, pp. 301-312, ACM, 2005.
-  gooNews, “Danone Japan conducted an attitude survey for housewives. Have you experienced the forgotton purchase?,” 2009.
-  A. Jhingran, “Enterprise Information Mashups: Integrating Information, Simply,” Proc. of the 32nd Int. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, VLDB’06, pp. 3-4, VLDB Endowment, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.