Cognitive Training System for Dementia Prevention Using Memory Game Based on the Concept of Human-Agent Interaction
Daisuke Kitakoshi*, Ryo Hanada**, Keitarou Iwata*, and Masato Suzuki*
*Department of Computer Science, Tokyo National College of Technology
1220-2 Kunugida-machi, Hachioji-shi, Tokyo 193-0997, Japan
**Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University
1-33 Yayoi-cho, Inage-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 263-8522, Japan
-  United Nations, World Population Prospects: The 2012 Revision,
http://esa.un.org/unpd/wpp/Excel-Data/population.htm., 2013 [Accessed June 1, 2013].
-  D. Kitakoshi, T. Okano, and M. Suzuki, “An Empirical Study on Evaluating Basic Characteristics and Adaptability to Users of a Preventive Care System with Learning Communication Robots,” Soft Computing, Springer, 2015 (accepted).
-  T. Okano, D. Kitakoshi, and M. Suzuki, “A Preliminary Study on Preventive Care System based on Game Playing with Communication Robots,” Proc. 2013 Conf. on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence, pp. 84-89, 2013.
-  T. Suzuki, H. Kim, H. Yoshida, and T. Ishizaki, “Randomized controlled trial of exercise intervention for the prevention of falls in community-dwelling elderly Japanese women,” J. of Bone and Mineral Metabolism, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 602-611, 2004.
-  K. Wada, T. Shibata, T. Asada, and T. Musha, “Robot Therapy for Prevention of Dementia at Home – Results of Preliminary Experiment,” J. of Robotics and Mechatronics, Vol.19, No.6, pp. 691-697, 2007.
-  R. Naqvi, D. Liberman, J. Rosenberg, J. Alston, and S. Straus, “Preventing cognitive decline in healthy older adults,” Canadian Medical Association J., Vol.185, No.10, pp. 881-885, 2013.
-  G. W. Rebok et al., “Ten-year effects of the advanced cognitive training for independent and vital elderly cognitive training trial on cognition and everyday functioning in older adults,” J. of the American Geriatrics Society, Vol.62, No.1, pp. 16-24, 2014.
-  S. L. Willis et al., “Long-term effects of cognitive training on everyday functional outcomes in older adults,” The J. of the American Medical Association, Vol.296, Iss.23, pp. 2805-2814, 2006.
-  D. Kitakoshi, R. Hanada, and M. Suzuki, “A System for Preventing Dementia Based on the Concept of Human-Agent Interaction,” IEICE Technical Report, Vol.113, No.481, WIT2013-69, pp. 13-18, 2014 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Manual Of Dementia Prevention and Support (a revised edition.),” 2010 (in Japanese).
-  Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, “Comprehensive Survey of Living Conditions,”
http://www.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/saikin/hw/k-tyosa/k-tyosa10/., 2011 (in Japanese) [Acessed May 22, 2013].
-  C. Kidd and C. Breazeal, “Effect of a Robot on User Perceptions,” Proc. 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 3559-3564, 2004.
-  C. Pelachaud, “Modelling multimodal expression of emotion in a virtual agent,” Philosophical Trans. of the Royal Society of London, Series B, Biological Sciences, Vol.364, pp. 3539-3548, 2009.
-  S. C. G. Tan and A. Nareyek, “Integrating Facial, Gesture, and Posture Emotion Expression for a 3D Virtual Agent,” Proc. the 14th Int. Conf. on Computer Games: AI, Animation, Mobile, Interactive Multimedia, Educational & Serious Games, pp. 23-31, 2009.
-  R. Yaghoubzadeh and S. Kopp, “Creating familiarity through adaptive behavior generation in human-agent interaction,” Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.6895, pp. 195-201, 2011.
-  G. Acampora, M. Gaeta, V. Loia, and A. V. Vasilakos, “Interoperable and adaptive fuzzy services for ambient intelligence applications,” ACM Trans. on Autonomous and Adaptive Systems, Vol.5, No.8, pp. 1-26, 2010.
-  C. S. Lee, M. H. Wang, M. J. Wu, Y. Nakagawa, H. Tsuji, Y. Yamazaki, and K. Hirota, “Soft-Computing-based emotional expression mechanism for game of Computer Go,” Soft Computing, Vol.17, No.7, pp. 1263-1282, 2013.
-  R. Niewiadomski, S. J. Hyniewska, and C. Pelachaud, “Constraint Based Model for Synthesis of Multimodal Sequential Expressions of Emotions,” IEEE Trans. on Affective Computing, Vol.2, Iss.3, 2011.
-  Y. Yamazaki, Y. Hatakeyama, F. Dong, K. Nomoto, and K. Hirota, “Fuzzy inference based mentality expression for eye robot in anity pleasure-arousal space,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 304-313, 2008.
-  R. S. Sutton and A. G. Barto, “Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction,” MIT Press, Cambridge MA, 1998.
-  V. Benson and S. Morgan, “Implications of Social Media Use in Personal and Professional Settings,” Information Science Reference, Hershey PA, 2014.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.