Portfolio Optimization of Financial Returns Using Fuzzy Approach with NSGA-II Algorithm
Jirakom Sirisrisakulchai*,†, Kittawit Autchariyapanitkul**, Napat Harnpornchai*, and Songsak Sriboonchitta*
*Faculty of Economics, Chiang Mai University
Chiang Mai 52000, Thailand
**Faculty of Economics, Maejo University
Chiang Mai 52090, Thailand
-  H. Markowitz, “Portfolio selection,” J. Finance, Vol.7, No.1, pp. 77-91, 1952.
-  X. Huang, “Mean-semivariance models for fuzzy portfolio selection,” J. of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol.217, No.1, pp. 1-8, 2008.
-  C. Carlsson, R. Fuller, and P. Majlender, “A possibilistic approach to selecting portfolios with highest utility score,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.131, No.1, pp. 13-21, 2002.
-  R. Campbell, R. Huisman, and K. Koedijk, “Optimal portfolio selection in a Value-at-Risk framework,” J. of Banking and Finance, Vol.25, No.9, pp. 1789-1804, 2001.
-  M. T. Leung, H. Daouk and A. S. Chen, “Using investment portfolio return to combine forecast: a multiobjective approach,” European J. Oper. Res., Vol.134, No.1, pp. 84-102, 2001.
-  S. C. Liu, S. Y. Wang, and W. H. Qiu, “A mean-variance-skewness model for portfolio selection with transaction costs,” Internat. J. Systems Sci., Vol.34, No.4, pp. 255-262, 2003.
-  J. Estrada, “The cost of equity in internet stocks: a downside risk approach,” European J. Finance, Vol.10, pp. 239-254, 2004.
-  D. Lien and Y. K. Tse, “Hedging downside risk: futures vs options,” Internat. Rev. Econom. Finance, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 159-169, 2001.
-  H. Markowitz, “Portfolio selection: Efficient Diversification of Investment,” Wiley, New York, 1959.
-  X. Huang, “Portfolio selection with the new definition of risk,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.186, No.1, pp. 351-357, 2008.
-  E. Vercher, J. D. Bermudez, and J. V. Segura, “Fuzzy portfolio optimization under downside risk measures,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.158, No.7, pp. 769-782, 2007.
-  Y. J. Liu and W. G. Zhang, “Fuzzy portfolio optimization model under real constraints,” Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Vol.53, No.3, pp. 704-711, 2013.
-  D. Dubois and H. Prade, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems: Theory and Application,” Academic Press, New York, 1980.
-  C. Carlsson and R. Fuller, “On possibilistic mean value and variance of fuzzy numbers,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.122, No.2, pp. 315-326, 2001.
-  A. Saeidifar and E. Pasha, “The possibilistic moments of fuzzy numbers and their applications,” J. of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol.223, No.2, pp. 1028-1042, 2009.
-  W. G. Zhang, Y. J. Liu, and W. J. Xu, “A possibilistic mean-semivariance-entropy model for multi-period portfolio selection with transaction costs,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.222, No.2, pp. 341-349, 2012.
-  P. Gupta, M. K. Mehlawat, M. Inuiguchi, and S. Chandra, “Fuzzy portfolio optimization,” Studies in fuzziness and soft computing, Vol.316, 2014.
-  K. Deb, A. Pratap, S. Agarwal, and T. Meyarivan, “A Fast and elitist multiobjective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II,” IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.6, No.2, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.