How Design Quality Improves with Increasing Computational Abilities: General Formulas and Case Study of Aircraft Fuel Efficiency
Joe Lorkowski*, Olga Kosheleva*, Vladik Kreinovich*, and Sergei Soloviev**,***
*University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University, El Paso, TX 79968, USA
**Institut de Recherche en Informatique de Toulouse (IRIT)
Porte 421, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse cedex 4, France
***St. Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics, and Optics (ITMO)
St. Petersburg, 197101, Russia
-  C. Babers, “Architecture Development Made Simple,” Lulu.com, 2006.
-  International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), “Systems Engineering Handbook,” Wiley, Hoboken, New Jersey, 2015.
-  P. A. Laplante, “Requirements Engineering for Software and Systems,” CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2014.
-  D. A. Madsen and D. P. Madsen, “Engineering Drawing and Design,” Delmar, Cengage Learning, Clifton Park, New York, 2012.
-  K. Sabbagh, “Twenty-First-Century Jet: The Making and Marketing of the Boeing 777,” Scribner, New York, 1996.
-  V. Kreinovich, A. Lakeyev, J. Rohn, and P. Kahl, “Computational Complexity and Feasibility of Data Processing and Interval Computations,” Kluwer, Dordrecht, 1998. [Pardalos 1993] P. M. Pardalos, “Complexity in Numerical Optimization,” World Scientific, Singapore, 1993.
-  M. E. Garey and D. S. Johnson, “Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness,” Freeman, San Francisco, 1979.
-  C. H. Papadimitriou, “Computational Complexity,” Addison Wesley, San Diego, 1994.
-  D. J. Sheskin, “Handbook of Parametric and Nonparametric Statistical Procedures,” Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, Florida, 2011.
-  J. Beirlant, Y. Goegevuer, J. Teugels, and J. Segers, “Statistics of Extremes: Theory and Applications,” Wiley, Chichester, 2004.
-  L. de Haan and A. Ferreira, “Extreme Value Theory: An Introduction,” Springer Verlag, Berlin, Hiedelberg, New York, 2006.
-  P. Embrechts, C. Klüuppelberg, and T. Mikosch, “Modelling Extremal Events for Insurance and Finance,” Springer Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York, 2012.
-  E. J. Gumbel, “Statistics of Extremes,” Dover Publ., New York, 2004.
-  J. J. Lee, S. P. Lukachko, I. A. Waitz, and A. Schafer, “Historical and future trends in aircraft performance, cost and emissions,” Annual Review of Energy Environment, Vol.26. pp. 167-200, 2001.
-  P. M. Peeters, J. Middel, and A. Hoolhorst, “Fuel Efficiency of Commercuial Aircraft: An Overview of Historical and Future Trends,” Netherlands National Aerospace Laboratory NLR, Technical Report NLR-CR-2005-669, 2005.
-  J. E. Penner, D. H. Lister, D. J. Griggs, D. J. Dokken, and M. McFarland, “Aviation and the Global Atmosphere: A Special Report of Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Working Groups I and III,” Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1999.
-  J. L. Hennessy and D. A. Patterson, “Computer Architecture: A Quantitative Approach,” Morgan Kaufmann, Waltham, Massachusetts, 2012.
-  G. E. Moore, “Cramming More Components onto Integrated Circuits,” Electronics, pp. 114-117, April 19, 1965.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.