A Hierarchical Experimental Simulation Platform of Coking Production
Hui Yan*, Qi Lei*,†, and Min Wu**
*School of Information Science and Engineering, Central South University
Yuelu District, Changsha, Hunan 410083, China
**School of Automation, China University of Geosciences
Wuchang District, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, China
The complexity of coking production and the correlations among the three major processes involved make it difficult to study and apply effective methods in practice. We have designed a hierarchical simulation platform for coking production in coke ovens for experiments and the validation of the methods used. To handle problems in processing and obtain the comprehensive production targets, the simulation platform provides reliable, easy-to-use conditions for coking production research, which has the functions of simulating processes, examining methods for experiments, monitoring production status and coordinating optimization. To implement these functions, the platform has a three-layer structure and flexible communication interfaces. Results of experiments have demonstrated the simulation platform’s effectiveness and feasibility.
-  Q. Lei, M. Wu, and W. H. Cao et al., “An Intelligent Integrated Method for Soft-Sensing of the Flue Temperature in Coke Oven and Its Application,” J. of East China University of Science and Technology, Vol.32, No.7, pp. 762-766, 2006.
-  M. Wu, Y. X. Liu, W. H. Cao, and Q. Lei, “Research and Implementation of Intelligent optimization and control System for Heating- Combustion Process in Coke Oven (A),” Metallurgical Industry Automation, Vol.5, pp. 25-28, 2006.
-  M. Wu, Y. X. Liu, W. H. Cao, and Q. Lei, “Research and Implementation of Intelligent optimization and control System for Heating- Combustion Process in Coke Oven (B),” Metallurgical Industry Automation, Vol.6, pp. 10-14, 2006.
-  B. Zhou and W. Y. Li, “Application of Fuzzy Theory on Gas Collector Control,” 2003 Int. Conf. on Machine Learning and Cybernetics Proc., pp. 2516-2519, 2003.
-  M. Wu, H. Q. Zhu et al., “Design and Implementation of Operation Plan and Optimization Scheduling System for Coke Ovens,” Control Engineer, Vol.2, pp. 176-180, 2009.
-  I. E. Lager, C. I. Coman, and A. T. de Hoop, “WGEMLab-A Simulation Platform for the Analysis of Rectangular Waveguide Aperture Radiation,” IEEE Trans. on Magnetics, Vol.39, No.3, pp. 1697-1700, 2003.
-  V. Derbek, C. Steger, R. Weiss et al., “Simulation Platform for UHF RFID,” Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conf. & Exhibition, pp. 918-923, 2007.
- P. Palensky, E. Widl et al., “Modeling Intelligent Energy Systems: Co-Simulation Platform for Validating Flexible-Demand EV Charging Management,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, Vol.4, No.4, pp. 1939-1947, 2013.
- A. Brissette, A. Hoke et al., “A Microgrid Modeling and Simulation Platform for System Evaluation on a Range of Time Scales, Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE),” pp. 968-976, 2011.
- L. F. Zhai, T. Y. Chai et al, “A Distributed Simulation Platform for Intelligent Decoupling Control of Coal Pulverizing Systems,” J. of System Simulation, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 1824-1828, 2006.
-  Z. C. Guo and H. Q. Tang, “Numerical Simulation for A Process Analysis of A Coke Oven,” China Particuology, Vol.3, No.6, pp. 373-378, 2005.
-  W. Wang, “Hardware-in-the-loop Simulation of Recirculation Fan System and Controller Development,” Zhejiang University, 2007.
-  Z. D. Yu and C. Y. Cai, “Production Technology of Coke ovens,” Shenyang: Liaoning Science and Technology Press, 2003.
-  P. Li, M. Wu, Q. Lei, and W. H. Cao, “Multimode Fuzzy-expert Control for Coke Oven Combustion Process Based on Multiple-working-conditions Identification(A),” Metallurgical Industry Automation, Vol.32, No.2, pp. 10-15, 2008.
- W. H. Cao, T. R. Chen, M. Wu, and Q. Lei, “An Error-Forecasting-Based Soft-Sensing Model for Coke Oven Flue Temperature,” Information and Control, Vol.38, No.2, pp. 206-210, 2009.
- Q. Lei, G. J. Li, et al., “Model of Coke Oven Suction in Flue Based on Different Kernel Functions with Support Vector Machines,” Automation and Instrumentation, Vol.8, pp. 5-9, 2010.
- X. Z. Lai, P. W. Jiang et al., “Research and Application of Combustion Process Temperature Optimal Control System for Coke Oven,” Control Engineering of China, Vol.3, pp. 205-207+211, 2006.
- J. Yan, M. Wu, and W. H. Cao, “Intelligent Decoupling Control Based on Coupling Degree for Gas Collector Pressure,” Metallurgical Industry Automation, Vol.4, pp. 9-14, 2008.