Sequential Cluster Extraction Using Power-Regularized Possibilistic c-Means
Shibaura Institute of Technology, 3-7-5 Toyosu, Koto, Tokyo 135-8548, Japan
-  J. B. MacQueen, “Some Methods of Classification and Analysis of Multivariate Observations,” Proc. 5th Berkeley Symp. on Math. Stat. and Prob., pp. 281-297, 1967.
-  J. Bezdek, “Pattern Recognition with Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms,” Plenum Press, New York, 1981.
-  S. Miyamoto and M. Mukaidono, “Fuzzy c-Means as a Regularization and Maximum Entropy Approach,” Proc. 7th Int. Fuzzy Systems Association World Congress (IFSA1997), Vol.2, pp. 86-92, 1997.
-  S. Miyamoto and K. Umayahara, “Fuzzy Clustering by Quadratic Regularization,” Proc. 1998 IEEE Int. Conf. Fuzzy Syst., pp. 1394-1399, 1998.
-  Y. Kanzawa, “Generalization of Quadratic Regularized and Standard Fuzzy c-Means Clustering with respect to Regularization of Hard c-Means,” LNCS, Vol.8234, pp. 152-165, 2013.
-  R. Krishnapuram and J. M. Keller, “A Possibilistic Approach to Clustering,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol.1, pp. 98-110, 1993.
-  R. Krishnapuram and J. M. Keller, “The Possibilistic c-Means Algorithm: Insights and Recommendations,” IEEE Trans. Fuzzy Syst., Vol. 4, pp. 393-396, 1996.
-  S. Miyamoto, R. Inokuchi, and Y. Kuroda, “Possibilistic and Fuzzy c-Means Clustering with Weighted Objects,” Proc. 2006 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 869-874, 2006.
-  S. Miyamoto, Y. Kuroda, and K. Arai, “Algorithms for Sequential Extraction of Clusters by Possibilistic Method and Comparison with Mountain Clustering,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII), Vol.12, No.5, pp. 448-453, 2008.
-  K. Fukunaga and L. D. Hostetler, “The Estimation of the Gradient of a Density Function with Applications in Pattern Recognition,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, Vol.21, pp. 32-40, 1975.
-  Y. Hamasuna and Y. Endo, “On sparse possibilistic clustering with crispness – Classification function and sequential extraction,” Proc. Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems (SCIS) and 13th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems (ISIS), 2012 Joint 6th Int. Conf., pp. 1801-1806, 2012.
-  K.-L. Wu and M.-S. Yang, “Mean shift-based clustering,” Pattern Recognit., Vol.40, No.11, pp. 3035-3052, 2007.
-  C. L. Blake and C. J. Merz, “UCI repository of machine learning databases, a huge collection of artificial and real-world data sets,” 1998, available at:
http://archive.ics.uci.edu/ml/ [Accessed April 20, 2014]
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.