A Robust Visual-Feature-Extraction Method for Simultaneous Localization and Mapping in Public Outdoor Environment
Gangchen Hua* and Osamu Hasegawa**
*Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science, Tokyo Institute of Technology, J3-13, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
**Imaging Science and Engineering Laboratory, Tokyo Institute of Technology, J3-13, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
-  A. Kawewong, S. Tangruamsub, and O. Hasegawa, “Positioninvariant robust features for long-term recognition of dynamic outdoor scenes,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.E93-D, No.9, pp. 2587-2601, 2010.
-  A. Torralba, A. Oliva, M. S. Castelhano, and J. M. Henderson, “Contextual guidance of eye movements and attention in real-world scenes: the role of global features in object search,” Psychol. Rev., Vol.113, pp. 766-786, Oct. 2006.
-  D. Lowe, “Object recognition from local scale-invariant features,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, Vol. 2, pp. 1150-1157, 1999.
-  H. Bay, T. Tuytelaars, and L. Gool, “Surf: Speeded up robust features,” ECCV, Vol.3951, pp. 404-417, 2006.
-  J. Beis and D. G. Lowe, “Shape indexing using approximate nearest-neighbour search in high-dimensional spaces,” Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1000-1006, 1997.
-  M. Cummins and P. Newman, “Invited Applications Paper FABMAP: Appearance-Based Place Recognition and Mapping using a Learned Visual Vocabulary Model,” 27th Int. Conf. on Machine Learning (ICML2010), 2010.
-  A. Kawewong, N. Tongprasit, S. Tangruamsub, and O. Hasegawa, “Online incremental appearance-based slam in highly dynamic environments,” Int. J. of Robotics Research, Vol.30, No.1, pp. 33-55, 2011.
-  N. Tongprasit, A. Kawewong, and O. Hasegawa, “Pirf-nav 2: speeded-up online and incremental appearance-based slam in highly dynamic environment,” IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2011.
-  E. Rosten and T. Drummond, “Fusing points and lines for high performance tracking,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, pp. 1508-1515, Springer, 2005.
-  C. Harris and M. Stephens, “A combined corner and edge detector,” Proc. of the 4th Alvey Vision Conf., pp. 147-151, 1988.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.