Run-Length Encoding Graphic Rules Applied to DNA-Coded Images and Animation Editable by Polymerase Chain Reactions
Yuki Hara and Tomonori Kawano
The University of Kitakyushu, 1-1 Hibikino, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu 808-0135, Japan
-  R. Dahm, “Discovering DNA: Friedrich Miescher and the early years of nucleic acid research,” Human Genetics, Vol.122, No.6, pp. 565-581, 2008.
-  O. Avery, C. MacLeod, and M. McCarty, “Studies on the chemical nature of the substance inducing transformation of pneumococcal types. Inductions of transformation by a desoxyribonucleic acid fraction isolated from pneumococcus type III,” J. Exper. Medicine, Vol.79, No.2, pp. 137-158, 1944.
-  J. D. Watson and F. H. Crick, “A structure for deoxyribose nucleic acid,” Nature, Vol.171, pp. 737-738, 1953.
-  E. A. Carlson, “Defining the gene: an evolving concept,” Amer. J. Human Genetics, Vol.49, No.2, pp. 475-487, 1991.
-  J. C. Venter et al., “The sequence of the human genome,” Science, Vol.291, pp. 1304-1351, 2001.
-  T. Kawano, “Run-length encoding graphic rules, molecular biologically editable designs, and steganographical on-image numeric data embedment for DNA-based cryptographical coding system,” Commun. Integr. Biol., Vol.6, No.2, e23478, 2013.
-  H. Rauhe, G. Vopper, U. Feldkamp, W. Banzhaf, and J. C. Howard, “Digital DNA molecules,” Proc. 6th DIMACS Workshop on DNA Based Computers, Leiden, Netherlands, pp. 13-17, 2000.
-  H. Wyle, T. Erb, and R. Banow, “Reduced-time facsimile transmission by digital coding,” IRE Trans. on Communication Systems, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 215-222, 1961.
-  T. Kawano, F. Bouteau, and S. Mancuso, “Finding and defining the natural automata acting in living plants: Towards the synthetic biology for robotics and informatics in vivo,” Commun. Integr. Biol., Vol.5, No.6, pp. 519-526, 2012.
-  T. Kawano, “Biomolecule-assisted natural computing approaches for simple polynomial algebra over fields,” ICIC Express Lett., Vol.7, No.7, pp. 2023-2028, 2013.
-  S. Blackmore, “The meme machine,” Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.