User Kansei Clothing Image Retrieval System
Takaki Urai* and Masataka Tokumaru**
*Graduate School, Kansai University, 3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
**Kansai University, 3-3-35 Yamate-cho, Suita-shi, Osaka 564-8680, Japan
This study proposes a clothing-image retrieval system that considers a user’s kansei, i.e., the user’s emotional, physical, and aesthetical preferences. The system gradually learns the user’s kansei by repeated interaction with the user, and can then search for corresponding clothing images. The practicality of the proposed system is confirmed in experiments with real users. It is found that the proposed system can retrieve clothing images that corresponded to the user’s kansei.
-  H. S. Kim and S. B. Cho, “Application of interactive genetic algorithm to fashion design,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 635-644, 2000.
-  J. Jiao, Y. Zhang, and M. Helander, “A Kansei mining system for affective design,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.30, No.4 , pp. 658-673, 2006.
-  H. Takagi and M. Ohsaki, “Interactive Evolutionary Computation-Based Hearing Aid Fitting,” IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 414-427, 2007.
-  K. Choi and C. Jun, “A systematic approach to the Kansei factors of tactile sense regarding the surface roughness,” Applied Ergonomics, Vol.38, No.1, pp. 53-63, 2007.
-  L. Y. Zhai and L. P. Khoo “A dominance-based rough set approach to Kansei Engineering in product development,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, No.1, pp. 393-402, 2009.
-  M. Fukuda and Y. Nakatani, “Clothes Recommend Themselves: A New Approach to a Fashion Coordinate Support System,” Proc. of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2011, Vol.1, 2001.
-  X. Wang and T. Zhang, “Clothing search in consumer photos via color matching and attribute learning,” 19th ACM Int. Conf. on Multimedia, pp. 1353-1356, 2011.
-  M. Tokumaru and N. Muranaka, “Optimization of Kansei Retrieval Agents Using Evolutionary Computation,” Trans. of Japan Society of Kansei Engineering, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 885-892, 2009.
-  D. Okunaka and M. Tokumaru, “Kansei retrieval model using a Neural Network,” 12th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 483-485, 2011.
-  T. Urai, D. Okunaka, and M. Tokumaru, “Clothing image retrieval based on a similarity evaluation method for Kansei retrieval system,” Joint 6th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 13th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 261-265, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.