Mixed Oligopoly: Analysis of Consistent Equilibria
Vyacheslav V. Kalashnikov*1,*2,*3, Vladimir A. Bulavsky*2,
Nataliya I. Kalashnykova*3,*4, Junzo Watada*5,
and Diego de Jesús Hernández-Rodríguez*4
*1Tecnológico de Monterrey (ITESM), Campus Monterrey, 64849, Mexico
*2Central Economics & Mathematics Institute (CEMI), Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS), Moscow 117418, Russia
*3Sumy State University, Sumy 40007, Ukraine
*4Department of Physics & Maths (FCFM), Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL), San Nicolás de los Garza, 66450, Mexico
*5Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, 2-7 Hibikino, Wakamatsuku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka 808-0135, Japan
-  R.C. Cornes and M. Sepahvand, “Cournot vs Stackelberg equilibria with a public enterprise and international competition,” Discussion Paper No.03/12, University of Nottingham, School of Economics, United Kingdom, 2003.
-  C. Fershtman, “The interdependence between ownership status and market structure: The case of privatization,” Economica, Vol.57, pp. 319-328, 1990.
-  T.Matsumura, “Stackelberg mixed duopoly with a foreign competitor,” Bulletin of Economics Research, Vol.55, pp. 275-287, 2003.
-  N. Matsushima and T. Matsumura, “Mixed oligopoly and spatial agglomeration,” Canadian J. of Economics, Vol.36, pp. 62-87, 2003.
-  T. Matsumura and O. Kanda, “Mixed oligopoly at free entry markets,” J. of Economics, Vol.84, pp. 27-48, 2005.
-  N. J. Ireland and P. J. Law, “The Economics of Labour-Managed Enterprises,” Croom Helm, London, 1982.
-  J. P. Bonin and L. Putterman, “Economics of Cooperation and the Labor-Managed Economy,” Harwood Academic Publisher, Chur, Switzerland, 1987.
-  F.H. Stephan (Ed.), “The Performance of Labour-Managed Firms,” Macmillan Press, London, 1982.
-  L. Putterman, “Labour-managed firms,” In S. N. Durlauf and L. E. Blume (Ed.), The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Vol.4, pp. 791-795, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke, Hampshire, 2008.
-  B. Saha and R. Sensarma, “State ownership, credit risk and bank competition: A mixed oligopoly approach,” Working Paper, University of Hertfordshire Business School, Hatfield, England, 2009.
-  A. Mumcu, S. Oğur, and Ü. Zenginobuz, “Competition between regulated and non-regulated generators on electric power networks,”
online at http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/376/ MPRA Paper No.376, posted November 7, 2007/00:59.
-  A. L. Bowley, “TheMathematical Groundwork of Economics,” Oxford University Press, Oxford, 1924.
-  R. Frisch, “Monopoly, polypoly: The concept of force in the economy,” Int. Economics Papers, Vol.1, pp. 23-36, 1951. (“Monopole, polypole – La notion de force en économie,” Nationaløkonomisk Tidsskrift, Vol.71, pp. 241-259, 1933.)
-  J. Laitner, ““Rational” duopoly equilibria,” Quarterly J. of Economics, Vol.95, pp. 641-662, 1980.
-  C. Figuières, A. Jean-Marie, N. Quérou, and M. Tidball, “Theory of Conjectural Variations,” World Scientific, Singapore, Taibei, 2004.
-  N. Giocoli, “The escape from conjectural variations: The consistency condition in duopoly theory from Bowley to Fellner,” Cambridge J. of Economics, Vol.29, pp. 601-618, Oxford University Press, 2005.
-  T. Lindh, “The inconsistency of consistent conjectures, Coming back to Cournot,” J. of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol.18:c, pp. 69-90, 1992.
-  V. V. Kalashnikov, V. A. Bulavsky, N. I. Kalashnykova, and F. J. Castillo, “Consistent conjectures in mixed oligopoly,” European J. of Operational Research, Vol.210, pp. 729-735, 2011.
-  V. A. Bulavsky, “Structure of demand and equilibrium in a model of oligopoly,” Economics and Mathematical Methods (Ekonomika i Matematicheskie Metody), Vol.33, pp. 112-134, Central Economics and Mathematics Institute, Moscow, 1997 (in Russian).
-  N. I. Kalashnykova, V. A. Bulavsky, V. V. Kalashnikov and F. J. Castillo-Pérez, “Consistent conjectural variations equilibrium in a mixed duopoly,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, pp. 425-432, 2011.
-  V. V. Kalashnikov, N. I. Kalashnykova, and J. F. Camacho, “Partially mixed duopoly and oligopoly: Consistent conjectural variations equilibrium (CCVE), Part 1,” Juan Carlos Leyva López et al. (Eds.), Studies on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Management and Decision Making, Fourth Int. Workshop Proc. EUREKA2013, Mazatlán, November 4-8, 2013, Atlantis Press, Amsterdam-Pars-Beijing, pp. 198-206, 2013.
-  V. V. Kalashnikov, N. I. Kalashnykova, and J. F. Camacho, “Partially mixed duopoly and oligopoly: Consistent conjectural variations equilibrium (CCVE). Part 2,” Juan Carlos Leyva López et al. (Eds.), Studies on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Management and Decision Making, Fourth Int. Workshop Proc. EUREKA2013, Mazatlán, November 4-8, 2013, Atlantis Press, Amsterdam-Paris-Beijing, pp. 207-217, 2013.
-  Y. F. Liu, Y. X. Ni, F. F. Wu, and B. Cai, “Existence and uniqueness of consistent conjectural variation equilibrium in electricity markets,” Int. J. of Electrical Power and Energy Systems, Vol.29, pp. 455-461, 2007.
-  E. J. Dockner, “A dynamic theory of conjectural variations,” J. of Industrial Economics, Vol.40, pp. 377-395, 1992.
-  V. A. Bulavsky and V. V. Kalashnikov, “One-parametric method to study equilibrium,” Economics and Mathematical Methods (Ekonomika i Matematicheskie Metody), Vol.30, pp. 129-138, Central Economics and Mathematics Institute, Moscow, 1994 (in Russian).
-  V. A. Bulavsky and V. V. Kalashnikov, “Equilibrium in generalized Cournot and Stackelberg models,” Economics and Mathematical Methods (Ekonomika i Matematicheskie Metody), Vol.31, pp. 164-176, Central Economics and Mathematics Institute, Moscow, 1995 (in Russian).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.