Preventing Large-Scale Emergencies in Modern Power Systems: AI Approach
Michael Negnevitsky*, Nikita V. Tomin**, and Christian Rehtanz***
*School of Engineering, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 65, Hobart, Australia
**Department of Electric Power System, Melentiev Energy Systems Institute, 130 Lermontov Str., Irkutsk 664033, Russia
***Energy Systems, Energy Efficiency and Energy Economics, TU Dortmund University, Emil-Figge-Strasse 70, Dortmund 44221, Germany
-  M. Bruch, V. Mnch, M. Aichinger, M. Kuhn, M. Weymann, and G. Schmid, “Power Blackout Risks: Risk Management Options Emerging Risk Initiative,” Position Paper, CRO Forum, November 2011.
-  B. M. Weedy, B. J. Cory, N. Jenkins, J. B. Ekanayake, and G. Strbac, “Electric Power Systems,” 5th Ed., Wiley, 2012.
-  V. T. Morgan, “Thermal Behavior of Electrical Conductors,” Research Studies Press, John Wiley, 1991.
-  F. Vakili and M. R. Viles, “Dynamic thermal line loading monitor,” IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol.PWRS-1, No.2, May 1986.
-  T. L. Le, M. Negnevitsky, and M. Piekutowski, “Expert System Application for the Loading Capability Assessment of Transmission Lines,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 1805-1812, November 1995.
-  M. Negnevitsky, “An Expert System Application for Clearing Overloads,” Int. J. of Power and Energy Systems, Vol.15, No.1, pp. 9-13, 1995.
-  B. Stott, “Decoupled Newton Load Flows,” IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, Vol.PAS-91, pp. 1955-1957, September/October 1972.
-  IEEE PES PSDP Task Force on Blackout experience, mitigation, and role of new technologies, blackout experiences and lessons, Best practices for system dynamic performance, and the role of new technologies, IEEE Special Publication 07TP190, July 2007.
-  IEEE PES CAMS Task Force on Understanding, Prediction, Mitigation and Restoration of Cascading Failures Initial Review of Methods for Cascading Failure Analysis in Electric Power Transmission Systems, In Proc. IEEE PES General Meeting, Pittsburgh, PA USA, July 2008.
-  E. C. Housos et al., “Steady state network equivalents for power system planning applications,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, PAS-99, (6), 1980.
-  I. Hano, Y. Tamura, and S. Narita, “Real time control of system voltage and reactive power,” IEEE Trans. on Power Apparatus and Systems, PAS-88, (10), pp. 1544-1558, 1969.
-  T. L. Le and M. Negnevitsky, “Expert System Application for Voltage and VAR Control in Power Transmission and Distribution Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, 12, (3), pp. 1392-1397, 1997.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” 3rd Ed., p.521, Springer, 2000.
-  M. Negnevitsky, “Artificial Intelligence: A Guide to Intelligent Systems,” 3rd Ed., p. 504, Addison Wesley, Harlow, England, 2011.
-  R. C. Tryon, “Cluster Analysis,” McGraw-Hill, New York, 1939.
-  H. Risvik, “Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and NIPALS Algorithm,” May 10, 2007.
Online: http://folk.uio.no/henninri/pca module/pca nipals.pdf [Accessed September 10, 2014]
-  J. M. S. Pinheiro, C. R. R. Dornellas, M. Th. Schilling, and A. C. G. Melo, “Probing the new IEEE Reliability Test System (Rts-96): Hl-II Assessment,” IEEE Trans. Power Systems, Vol.13, No.1, 171, February 1998.
-  D. J. Hill, “Nonlinear Dynamic Load Models with Recovery for Voltage Stability Studies,” IEEE Trans. on Power Systems, Vol.8, No.1, pp. 166-76, 1993.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.