Improvement of PCA-Based Approximate Nearest Neighbor Search Using Distance Statistics
Toshiro Ogita*, Hidetomo Ichihashi**, Akira Notsu*,
and Katsuhiro Honda*
*Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, 1-1 Gakuen-cho, Nakaku, Sakai, Osaka 599-8531, Japan
**Department of Economics, Osaka University of Economics and Law, 6-10 Gakuonji, Yao, Osaka 581-8511, Japan
-  R. F. Sproull, “Refinements to nearest-neighbor searching in k-dimensional trees,” Algorithmica, Vol.6, pp. 579-589, 1991.
-  A. Andoni and P. Indyk, “Near-optimal hashing for approximate nearest neighbor in high dimensions,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.51, No.1, pp. 117-122, 2008.
-  P. Indyk and R. Motwani, “Approximate nearest neighbor: Towards removing the curse of dimensionality,” Proc, 30th Symp. on Theory of Computing, pp. 604-613, 1998.
-  M. Datar, N. Immorlica, P. Indyk, and V. S. Mirrokni, “Localitysensitive hashing scheme based on p-stable distributions,” Proc. 20th annual Symp. on Computational geometry, pp. 253-262, 2004.
-  Y.Weiss, A. Torralba, and R. Fergus, “Spectral Hashing,” Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems, pp. 1753-1760, 2008.
-  S. Arya, D. M. Mount, N. S. Netanyahu, R. Silverman, and A. Y. Wu, “An optimal algorithm for approximate nearest neighbor searching in fixed dimensions,” J. of the ACM, Vol.45, No.6, pp. 891-923, Nov. 1998.
-  S. M. Omohundro, “Five balltree construction algorithms,” Technical Report, pp. 89-063, 1989.
-  J. L. Bentley, “Multidimensional binary search trees used for associative searching,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.18, No.9, pp. 509-517, 1975.
-  P. N. Yianilos, “Data structures and algorithms for nearest neighbor search in general metric spaces,” Symp. on Discrete algorithms, pp. 311-321, 1993.
-  H. Ichihashi, A. Notsu, K. Honda, T. Katada, and M. Fujiyoshi, “Improvement in the performance of camera based vehicle detector for parking lot,” Proc. of 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy System, Barcelona, Spain, Juli. 18-23, 2010.
-  H. Ichihashi, K. Honda, and A. Notsu, “Comparison of Scaling Behavior Between Fuzzy c-Means Based Classifier with Many Parameters and LibSVM,” Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 386-393, 2011.
-  H. Ichihashi, K. Honda, and A. Notsu, “Fuzzy c-means based classifier – Comparison with LibSVM in terms of training time for parameter optimization,” Proc. of 12th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 390-393, 2011.
-  H. Ichihashi, T. Ogita, K. Honda, and A. Notsu, “Improvement by sorting and thresholding in PCA based nearest neighbor search,” Proc. of 2012 IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 53-58, 2012.
-  H. Ichihashi, T. Ogita, A. Notsu, K. Honda, “PCA-Tree NNS with Two Approximation Methods and Annulus Bound Method,” Proc. 6th Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and 13th Int. Symp. on Advanced Intelligent Systems, pp. 1999-2003, 2012.
-  K. Zatloukal, M. H. Johnson, and R. E. Ladner, “Nearest neighbor search for data compression,” DIMACS Series in Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science, Volume 59, Data Structures, Near Neighbor Searches, and Methodology: Fifth and Sixth DIMACS Implementation Challenges,” M. H. Goldwasser, D. S. Johnson, and C. C. McGeoch, (Eds.), American Mathematical Society, pp. 69-86, 2002.
-  Y. S. Ahmed, “Multiple random projection for fast, approximate nearest neighbor search in high dimensions,” Master Thesis at University of Toronto, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.