SIR-Extended Information Diffusion Model of False Rumor and its Prevention Strategy for Twitter
Yoshiyuki Okada*1, Keisuke Ikeda*2, Kosuke Shinoda*2,
Fujio Toriumi*3, Takeshi Sakaki*3,Kazuhiro Kazama*4,
Masayuki Numao*1, Itsuki Noda*5, and Satoshi Kurihara*2
*1The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Osaka University, 8-1 Mihogaoka, Ibaraki, Osaka 567-0047, Japan
*2Graduate School of Information Systems, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
*3The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
*4Department of Computer and Communication Sciences, Faculty of Systems Engineering, Wakayama University, 930 Sakaedani Wakayama-shi, Wakayama 640-8510, Japan
*5National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, 1-1-1 Umezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8568, Japan
-  Y. Aosaki, T. Sugihara, and K. Umemoto, “Examining the Trend toward a Service Economy in Information Media through Changes to Technology: Influence of Twitter on Media Companies,” Proc. of Technology Management for Global Economic Growth (PICMET’10), pp. 1-5, 2010.
-  2011 WHITE PAPER Information and Communications in Japan:
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, 2011.
-  Bernardo A. Huberman, Daniel M. Romero, and Fang Wu, “Social networks that matter: Twitter under the microscope,” First Monday, Vol.14, No.1, 2009.
-  S. Akioka, N. Kato, Y. Muraoka, and H. Yamana, “Cross-media Impact on Twitter in Japan,” Proc. of the 2nd Int. Workshop on Search and Mining User-Generated Contents, pp. 111-118, 2010.
-  H. Kwak, C. Lee, H. Park, and S. Moon, “What is Twitter, a Social Network or a News Media?,” Proc. of the 19th Int. Conf. on World Wide Web, pp. 591-600, 2010.
-  F. Toriumi, K. Shinoda, S. Kurihara, T. Sakaki, K. Kazama, and I. Noda, “Disaster Changes the Social Media,” JWEIN11, pp. 41-46, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  J. Weng, E.-P. Lim, J. Jiang, and Q. He, “TwitterRank: Finding Topic-sensitive Influential Twitterers,” Proc. of the 3rd ACM Int. Conf. on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 261-270, 2010.
-  E. Bakshy, J. M. Hofman, W. A. Mason, and D. J. Watts, “Everyone’s an Influencer: Quantifying Influence on Twitter,” Proc. of the 4th ACM Int. Conf. on Web Search and Data Mining, pp. 65-74, 2011.
-  Carlos Castillo, Marcelo Mendoza, and Barbara Poblete, “Information Credibility on Twitter,” Proc. of the 20th Int. Conf. on World Wide Web, pp. 675-684. 2011.
-  A. Umejima, M. Miyabe, E. Aramaki, and A. Nadamoto, “Tendency of Rumor and Correction Re-tweet on the Twitter during Disasters,” IPSJ SIG Technical Report, Vol.2011-IFAT-103, No.4, pp. 1-6, 2011 (in Japanese).
-  W. O. Kermack and A. G. McKendrick, “A Contribution to the Mathematical Theory of Epidemics,” Proc. of the Royal Society 115A, pp. 700-721, 1927.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.