A GPU-Based Programming Framework for Highly-Scalable Multi-Agent Traffic Simulations
Yoshihito Sano and Naoki Fukuta
Graduate School of Informatics, Shizuoka University, 3-5-1 Johoku, Hamamatsu, Shizuoka 432-8011, Japan
-  M. Balmer, K. Meister, M. Rieser, K. Nagel, and K. Axhausen, “Agent-based simulation of travel demand: Structure and computational performance of MATSim-T,” 2nd TRB Conf. on Innovations in Travel Modeling, 2008.
-  T. Yamashita, T. Okada, and I. Noda, “Implementation of Simulation Environment for Control of Huge-scale Pedestrian,” Joint Agent Workshop and Symposium (JAWS), 2012. (in Japanese)
-  J. Tsai, N. Fridman, E. Bowring, M. Brown, S. Epstein, G. Kaminka, S.Marsella, A. Ogden, I. Rika, A. Sheel, M. E. Taylor, X. Wang, A. Zilka, and M. Tambe, “ESCAPES – Evacuation Simulation with Children, Authorities, Parents, Emotions, and Social comparison,” Proc. Int. Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2011), pp. 457-464, 2011.
-  E. d. l. Hoz, I.Marsa-Maestre, M. A. Lopez-Carmona, and P. Perez, “Extending MATSim to allow the simulation of route coordination mechanisms,” Proc. The 1st Int. Workshop on Multi-Agent Smart Computing (MASmart 2011), pp. 1-15, 2011.
-  R. Kanamori, T. Morikawa, and T. Ito, “Evaluation of special lanes as incentive policies for promoting electric vehicles,” Proc. The 1st Int. Workshop on Multi-Agent Smart Computing (MASmart 2011), pp. 45-56, 2011.
-  Y. Nakajima, S. Yamane, and H. Hattori, “Multi-model based Simulation Platform for Urban Traffic Simulation,” Joint Agent Workshop and Symp. (JAWS), 2010. (in Japanese)
-  L. Navarro, F. Flacher, and V. Corruble, “Dynamic level of detail for large scale agent-based urban simulations,” Proc. of 10th Int. Conf. on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS2011), pp. 701-708, 2011.
-  S. Kato, G. Yamamoto, H. Tai, and H. Mizuta, “Large-scale Traffic Simulation with Scholar SMP Supercomputing System,” Joint Agent Workshop and Symp. (JAWS), 2008. (in Japanese)
-  P. Harish and P. J. Narayanan, “Accelerating large graph algorithms on the GPU using CUDA,” Proc. of the 14th int. conf. on High performance computing, HiPC’07, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2007, Springer-Verlag, pp. 197-208.
-  P. Harish, V. Vineet, and P. J. Narayanan, “Large Graph Algorithms for Massively Multithreaded Architectures,” Technical Report IIIT/TR/2009/74, Int. Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad, 2009.
-  V. Vineet, P. Harish, S. Patidar, and P. J. Narayanan, “Fast minimum spanning tree for large graphs on the GPU,” Proc. of the Conf. on High Performance Graphics 2009, HPG ’09, New York, ACM, NY, USA, pp. 167-171, 2009.
-  Khronos OpenCL Working Group, “The OpenCL Specification Version: 1.2 Revision: 19,” 2012.
-  R. E. Korf, “Real-Time Heuristic Search,” Artif. Intell., Vol.42, Issues 2-3, pp. 189-211, 1990.
-  T. Ishida and M. Shimbo, “Path Learning by Realtime Search,” Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 411-419, 1996. (in Japanese)
-  G. Caggianese and U. Erra, “GPU Accelerated Multi-agent Path Planning based on Grid Space Decomposition,” Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Computational Science (ICCS 2012), pp. 1847-1856, 2012.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.