User-Friendly Simulator for Open Modeling by Hierarchically Management
Masato Ikai and Naoaki Itakura
Department of Informatics, The University of Electro-Communications, 1-5-1 Chofugaoka, Chofu, Tokyo 182-8585, Japan
We propose a user-friendly simulator in which the structure and modeling are open to any user. The proposed simulator can easily build a complicated model by using a hierarchicalmanagement system. To realize model constructions that are easier for users to understand, we introduce a cascaded binary relation function CBRF as a model unit. An editor that efficiently uses the structure is being developed. Application of this simulator to various targets allows approximate simulation results to be quickly and easily obtained.
-  S. Yoshimura, H. Nishikawa, and S. Moriyasu, “Development of Multi-Agent Traffic and Environmental Simulator MATES,” Simulation, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 228-237, 2004.
-  T. Iba, H. Takenaka, and Y. Takefuji, “Reappearance of Video Cassette Format Competition by Artificial Market Simulation,” IPSJ Trans. on Mathematical Modeling and Its Applications, Vol.42, pp. 73-89, 2001.
-  H. Kawamura, “Development of X-Economy System for Simulation of Multi-Agent Economy,” Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, 2002.
-  K. Minami, Y. Murakami, T. Kawasoe, and T. Ishida, “Evacuation Simulation by using Multi-agent System,” The 16th Annual Conf. of Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 2002.
-  K. Yikai, N. Honda, and N. Itakura, “Fuzzy Driving Model for Road Traffic Simulator,” J. of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.12, No.3, pp. 69-79, 2000.
-  U. Wilensky, “NetLogo,” Center for Connected Learning and Computer-Based Modeling, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 1999.
[Accessed September 15, 2013]
-  Repast Agent Simulation Toolkit,
[Accessed September 15, 2013]
-  H. Tanuma, H. Deguchi, and T. Shimizu, “SOARS: Development of a New Agent-based Simulation Language,” IPSJ Trans. on Programming, Vol.46, 2005.
-  J. F. Engel, R. D. Blackwell, and P.W. Miniard, “Consumer Behavior,” 8th edition, The Dryden Press, 1995.
-  T. Takashina, T. Akinaga, and S. Watanabe, “Validation at Agent Level: A Case Study with Stock Market Simulation,” Simulation, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 58-67, 2000.
-  K. Sugawara and S. Matsuda, “The Proposal and Verification of The Network Auction Model which Attains Successful Bid Price Optimization of Exhibitors Side,” Information Processing Society of Japan, Electronic Intellectual Property, Vol.27, No.6, 2005.
-  T. Iba, “Boxed Economy Model: Fundamental concepts and perspectives,” Proc. of Computational Intelligence in Economics and Finance, 2000.
-  A. Ohuchi, M. Yamamoto, and H. Kawamura, “The foundation and application of multi agent system,” Corona Publishing, Co., Ltd., 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.