Generating Cooperative Collective Behavior in Swarm Robotic Systems
Kazuhiro Ohkura*, Toshiyuki Yasuda*, and Yoshiyuki Matsumura**
*Graduate School of Engineering, Hiroshima University, 1-4-1 Kagamiyama, Higashi-Hiroshima 739-8527, Japan
**Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, 3-15-1 Tokida, Ueda, Nagano 386-8567, Japan
-  E. Şahin, “Swarm Robotics: From Sources of Inspiration to Domain of Applications,” Swarm Robotics, SAB2004 Int. Workshop, Santa Monica, CA, USA, July 2004, Revised Selected Papers, LNCS, Vol.3342, pp. 10-20, 2005.
-  T. Fukuda, and S. Nakagawa, “Approach to the Dynamically Reconfigurable Robotic System,” J. of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 55-72, 1998.
-  C. R. Kube and H. Zhang, “Task Modeling in Collective Robotics,” Autonomous Robots, Vol.4, No.1, pp. 53-72, Kluwer Academic, 1997.
-  H. Asama et al. (Ed.), “Distributed Autonomous Robotic Systems,” Springer-Verlag, 1995.
-  G. Beni, “From Swarm Intelligence to Swarm Robotics,” Swarm Robotics, SAB2004 Int.Workshop, LNCS, Vol.3342, pp. 1-9, 2005.
-  E. Şahin et al., “Swarm Robotics, in Swarm Intelligence – Introduction and Applications,” C. Blum and D.Merkle (Eds.), Springer, pp. 87-100, 2008.
-  M. J. Matarić, “Learning Social Behavior,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.20, pp. 191-204, 1997.
-  I. Harvey et al., “Issues in Evolutionary Robotics,” From Animals to Animats 2: Proc. of the Second Int. Conf. on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior (SAB92), pp. 364-373, 1993.
-  I. Harvey et al., “Evolutionary Robotics: the Sussex Approach,” Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol.20, pp. 205-224, 1997.
-  S. Nolfi and D. Floreano, “Evolutionary Robotics,” MIT Press, 2000.
-  X. Yao, “Evolving Artificial Neural Networks,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.89, No.9, pp. 1423-1447, 1999.
-  D. Floreano et al., “Neuroevolution: from Architectures to Learning,” Evolutionary Intelligence, Vol.1, No.1, pp. 47-62, 2008.
-  A. E. Eiben et al., “Collective Specialization for Evolutionary Design of a Multi-Robot System,” Swarm Robotics, SAB2006 Second Int. Workshop, Revised Selected Papers, LNCS, Vol.4433, pp. 189-205, 2007.
-  M. Quinn et al., “Evolving Controllers for a Homogeneous System of Physical Robots: Structured Cooperation with Minimal Sensors,” Philosophical Trans. of The Royal Society A, Vol.361, pp. 2321-2343, 2003.
-  G. Baldassarre et al., “Evolving Mobile Robots Able to Display Collective Behaviour,” Artificial Life, Vol.9, pp. 255-267, 2003.
-  V. Trianni, “Evolutionary Swarm Robotics. Evolving Self-Organising Behaviours in Groups of Autonomous Robot,” Studies in Computational Intelligence, Vol.108, Springer Verlag, Berlin, Germany, 2008.
-  R. Gross and M. Dorigo, “Towards Group Transport by Swarms of Robot,” Int. J. of Bio-Inspired Computation, Vol.1, No.1-2, pp. 1-13, 2009.
-  E. Tuci et al., “Evolving Homogeneous Neuro-Controllers for a Group of Heterogeneous Robots: Coordinated Motion, Cooperation, and Acoustic Communication,” Artificial Life, Vol.14, No.2, pp. 157-178, 2008.
-  K. Stanley and R. Miikkulainen, “Evolving Neural Networks through Augmenting Topologies,” Evolutionary Computation, Vol.10, No.2, pp. 99-127, 2002.
-  P. J. Angeline et al., “An Evolutionary Algorithm That Constructs Recurrent Neural Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.5, pp. 54-65, 1994.
-  X. Yao and Y. Liu, “A New Evolutionary System for Evolving Artificial Neural Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Neural Networks, Vol.8, No.3, pp. 694-713, 1997.
-  F. Gomez and R. Miikkulainen, “Solving Non-Markovian Control Tasks with Neuroevolution,” Proc. of the Sixteenth Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1356-1361, 1999.
-  N. Siebel and G. Sommer, “Reinforcement Learning of Artificial Neural Networks,” Int. J. of Hybrid Intelligent Systems, No.4, No.3, pp. 171-183, 2007.
-  K. Ohkura et al., “MBEANN: Mutation-Based Evolving Artificial Neural Networks,” Advances in Artificial Life, Proc. of the 9th European Conf. on Artificial Life, LNAI, Vol.4648, pp. 936-945, 2007.
-  K. Ohkura, Y. Matsumura, T. Yasuda, and T. Matsuda, “Evolutionary Robotics Approach to Autonomous Task Allocation for a Multi-Robot System,” Proc. of Artificial Neural Networks in Engineering 2008, Intelligent Engineering Systems Through Artificial Neural Networks, Vol.18, pp. 121-128, ASME Press, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.