Situation-Oriented Hierarchical Classification for Sightseeing Images Based on Local Color Feature
Chia-Huang Chen and Yasufumi Takama
Graduate School of System Design, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 6-6 Asahigaoka, Hino, Tokyo 191-0065, Japan
-  B. G. Prasad, K. K. Biswas, and S. K. Gupta, “Region-Based Image Retrieval using Integrated Color, Shape and Location Index,” Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Vol.94, pp. 193-233, 2004.
-  A. K. Jain and A. Vailaya, “Image Retrieval using Color and Shape,” Pattern Recognition, Vol.29, pp. 1233-1244, August 1996.
-  C. Carson, S. Belongie, H. Greenspan, and J. Malik, “Blobworld: Image Segmentation using Expectation-Maxinization and Its Application to Image Querying,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.24, pp. 1026-1038, August 2002.
-  A. B. Dahl and H. Aanaes, “Effective Image Database Search via Dimensionality Reduction,” IEEE Computer Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 1-6, June 2008.
-  R. C. Veltkamp and M. Tanase, “A Survey of Content-Based Image Retrieval Systems,” Multimedia Systems and Applications Series, Vol.21, pp. 47-101, 2002.
-  A. Vailaya, M. Figueiredo, A. Jain, and H. J. Zhang, “Image Classification for Content-Based Indexing,” IEEE Trans. on Image Processing, Vol.10, pp. 117-130, January 2001.
-  A. Vailaya, M. Figueiredo, A. Jain, and H. J. Zhang, “Content-based hierarchical classification of vacation images,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia Computing and Systems, Vol.1, pp. 518-523, July 1999.
-  D. Zhong, H. J. Zhang, and S. F. Chang, “Clustering methods for video browsing and annotation,” in Proc. SPIE Storage Retrieval Image Video Databases IV, Vol.2670, pp. 239-246, February 1996.
-  A. Vailaya, M. Figueiredo, A. Jain, and H. J. Zhang, “A Bayesian Framework for Semantic Classification of Outdoor Vacation Images,” in Proc. SPIE Storage Retrieval Image Video Databases VII, Vol. 3656, pp. 415-426, January 1999.
-  S. Silakari, M. Motwani, and M. Maheshwari, “Color Image Clustering using Block Truncation Algorithm,” Int. J. of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), Vol.4, pp. 31-35, September 2009.
-  A. Sleit, A. L. A. Dalhoum, M. Qatawneh, M. Al-Sharief, R. Al-Jabaly, and O. Karajeh, “Image Clustering using Color, Texture and Shape Features,” KSII Trans. on Internet and Information Systems, Vol.5, pp. 211-227, January 2011.
-  W. T. Huang, “Affinity Propagation Based Image Clustering with SIFT and Color Features,” Master Thesis, Department of Computer Science, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, 2009.
-  J. Hartigan and M. Wong, “Algorithm as 136: A K-means Clustering Algorithm,” J. of the Royal Statistical Society, Series C (Applied Statistics), Vol.28, pp. 100-108, 1979.
-  J. Hartigan, “Clustering Algorithms,” JohnWiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1975.
-  N. Zhou, W. M. Dong, J. X. Wang, and P. Jean-Claude, “Simulating Human Visual Perception in Nighttime Illumination,” Tsinghua Science & Technology, Vol.14, pp. 133-138, February 2009.
-  L. G. Liu, R. J. Chen, L. Wolf, and D. Cohen-Or, “Optimizing Photo Composition,” Computer Graphics Forum, Vol.29, pp. 469- 478, May 2010.
-  Rule of thirds (Wikipedia),
accessed on September 26, 2011.
-  J. F. Canny, “A Computational Approach to Edge Detection,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.8, pp. 679-698, 1986.
-  N. Otsu, “A Threshold Selection Method from Gray-Level Histograms,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.9, pp. 62-66, January 1979.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.