Psychological Effects of a Synchronously Reliant Agent on Human Beings
Felix Jimenez*, Teruaki Ando*, Masayoshi Kanoh*,
and Tsuyoshi Nakamura**
*Chukyo University, 101-2 Yagoto Honmachi, Showa-ku, Nagoya 466-8666, Japan
**Nagoya Institute of Technology, Gokiso-cho, Showa-ku, Nagoya, Aichi 466-8555, Japan
-  P. Marti, M. Bacigalupo, L. Giusti, C. Mennecozzi, and T. Shibata, “Socially Assistive Robotics in the Treatment of Behavioural and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia,” IEEE/RAS-EMBS Int. Conf. on Biomedical Robotics and Biomechatronics 2006, pp. 483-488, 2006.
-  K. Wada and T. Shibata, “Robot Therapy in a Care House – its Sociopsychological and Physiological Effects on the Residents,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation 2006, pp. 3966-3971, 2006.
-  C. Breazeal and B. Scassellati, “A Context-dependent Attention System for A Social Robot,” Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, pp. 1146-1151, 1999.
-  C. Breazeal, “Emotion and Sociable Humanoid Robots,” Int. J. of Human Computer Interaction, Vol.59, pp. 119-155, 2003.
-  F. Hara, “Artificial Emotion: for Developing Heart-to-hart Communication Between Robot and Human,” J. of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol.95, No.883, pp. 508-512, 1992 (in Japanese).
-  H. Kobayashi, F. Hara, G. Uchida, and M. Ohno, “Study on Face Robot for Active Human Interface – Mechanisms of Face Robot and Facial Expressions of 6 Basic Emotions –,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 155-163, 1994.
-  M. Toda, “Emotion and Urges,” the Urge Theory of Emotion and Cognition, Chapter 1, SCCS Technical Report, 1993.
-  M. Toda, “Basic Structure of the Urge Operations,” the Urge Theory of Emotion and Cognition, Chapter 2, SCCS Technical Report, 1994.
-  T. Ando and M. Kanoh, “Psychological Effects of a Self-sufficiency Model Based on Urge System,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 877-884, 2010.
-  T. Ando and M. Kanoh, “A Self-sufficiency Model Using Urge System,” IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, pp. 429-434, 2010.
-  J. A. Russell, “A Circumplex Model of Affect,” J. of Personality and Social Psychology, pp. 1161-1178, 1980.
-  R. Pfeifer and C. Scheier, “Understanding Intelligence,” MIT Press, 1999.
-  M. Toda, “Man, Robot, and Society,” Models and Speculations, Martinus Nijhoff Publishing, 1982.
-  P. Ekman, “Unmasking the Face,” Prentice-Hall, 1975.
-  T. Iihoshi, T. Ando, M. Kanoh, and T. Nakamura, “Action Learning for Self-sufficiency Model Based on Urge System,” Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 240-245, 2010 (in Japanese).
-  E. J. Gibson and R. D. Walk, “The “Visual cliff”,” Scientific American, Vol.202, pp. 67-71, 1960.
-  R. Taki, Y. Maeda, and Y. Takahashi, “Personal Preference Analysis for Emotional Behavior Response of Autonomous Robot in Interactive Emotion Communication,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.14, No.7, pp. 852-859, 2010.
-  Y. Maeda and R. Taki, “Interactive Emotion Communication between Human and Robot,” Int. J. of Innovative Computing, Information and Control, Vol.7, No.5(B), pp. 2961-2971, 2011.
-  Y. Matsui, M. Kanoh, S. Kato, T. Nakamura, and H. Itoh, “A Model for Generating Facial Expressions using Virtual Emotion based on Simple Recurrent Network,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.14, No.5, pp. 453-463, 2010.
-  M. Kanoh, T. Nakamura, S. Kato, and H. Itoh, “Affective Facial Expressions Using Auto-associative Neural Network in Kansei Robot “Ifbot”,” Y. Dai, B. Chakraborty and M. Shi (Eds.), Kansei Engineering and Soft Computing: Theory and Practice, pp. 215-236, IGI Global, 2010.
-  M. Kanoh, S. Iwata, S. Kato, and H. Itoh, “Emotive Facial Expressions of Sensitivity Communication Robot “Ifbot”,” Kansei Engineering Int., Vol.5, No.3, pp. 35-42, 2005.
-  C. V. O.Witvliet and S. R. Vrana, “Psychophysiological Responses as Indices of Affective Dimensions,” Psychophysiology, Vol.32, pp. 436-443, 1995.
-  M. Kanoh and T. Shimizu, “Developing A Robot Babyloid That Cannot Do Anything,” J. of the Robotics Society of Japan, Vol.29, No.3, pp. 76-83, 2011 (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.