Spatiotemporal Human Brain Activities on Recalling Names of Body Parts
Takahiro Yamanoi*1, Yoshinori Tanaka*2, Mika Otsuki*3,
Shin-ichi Ohnishi*4, Toshimasa Yamazaki*5, and Michio Sugeno*6
*1Department of Life Science and Technology, Hokkai-Gakuen University, W11, S26, Center ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 064-0926, Japan
*2Graduate School of Engineering, Hokkai-Gakuen University, W11, S26, Center ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 064-0926, Japan
*3Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University, W5, N12, North ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060-0812, Japan
*4Faculty of Engineering, Hokkai-Gakuen University, W11, S26, Center ward, Sapporo, Hokkaido 064-0926, Japan
*5Department of Bioscience and Bioinformatics, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
*6European Center for Soft Computing, Edificio Cientifico Technologico, c/ Gonzalo Guterrez Quiros, s/n 33600 Mieres-Asutrias, Spain
-  R. A. McCarthy and E. K. Warrington, “Cognitive neuropsychology: a clinical introduction,” Academic Press, San Diego, 1990.
-  N. Geschwind and A. M. Galaburda, “Cerebral Lateralization,” The Genetical Theory of Natural Selection, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1987.
-  K. Parmer, P. C. Hansen, M. L. Kringelbach, I. Holliday, G. Barnes, A. Hillebrand, K. H. Singh, and P. L. Cornelissen, “Visual word recognition: the first half second,” NuroImage, Vol.22, No.4, pp. 1819-1825, 2004.
-  M. Iwata, M. Kawamura, M. Otsuki et al., “Mechanisms of writing, Neurogrammatology,” IGAKU-SHOIN Ltd., pp. 179-220, 2007 (in Japanese).
-  T. Yamazaki et al., “PC-based multiple equivalent current dipole source localization system and its applications,” Res. Adv. in Biomedical Eng., Vol.2, pp. 97-109, 2001.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, and H. Ichihashi, “Spatiotemporal Brain Activities in Recalling Sentences by Loci Mnemonic System,” 2007 IEEE Int. Conf. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, pp. 1878-1883, 2007.
-  H. Ichihashi et al., “fMRI Study on Activation of Brain Regions in Recalling Tasks by the Method of Loci,” 20th Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 372-377, 2004.
-  T. Yamanoi et al. “Dominance of recognition of words presented on right or left eye – Comparison of Kanji and Hiragana –,” Modern Information Processing, From Theory to Applications, Elsevier Science B.V., Oxford, pp. 407-416, 2006.
-  A.Martin, L. G. Ungerleider, and J. V. Haxby, “Category specificity and the brain: the sensory/motor model of semantic representations of objects. In Higher Cognitive Functions,” M. S. Gazzaniga (Ed.), the New Cognitive Neurosciences, pp. 1023-1036. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2000.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, T. Yamazaki, and M. Sugeno, “Spatiotemporal Human Brain Activities by Visual Stimulus of Directional Characters and Symbols,” Proc. 3rd Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics – ISCIII 2007, Agadir, Morocco, pp. 195-198, 2007.
-  M. Sugeno and T. Yamanoi, “Spatiotemporal analysis of brain activity during understanding honorific expressions,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, No.9, pp. 1211-1220, 2011.
-  M. Saito, T. Yamanoi. S. Ohnishi, and T. Yamazaki, “Human Brain Information Processing during Stereoscopic Vision – A Study by Event-Related Potentials and the Dipole Analysis –,” Medical Electronics and Biological Engineering, Vol.39, No.4, pp. 312-317, 2001.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, T. Yamazaki, S. Ohnishi, M. Sugeno, and E. Sanchez, “Micro Robot Control by use of Electroencephalograms from Right Frontal Area,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 68-75, 2009.
-  H. Toyoshima, T. Yamanoi, T. Yamazaki, and S. Ohnishi, “Spatiotemporal Brain Activity During Hiragana Word Recognition Task,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 357-361, 2011.
-  T. Yamanoi, H. Toyoshima, S. Ohnishi, M. Sugeno, and E. Sanchez, “Localization of the Brain Activity During Stereovision by Use of Dipole Source Localization Method,” The Forth Int. Symposium on Computational Intelligence and Industrial Application, pp. 108-112, 2010.
-  T. Yamanoi, A. Moritaka, F. Kakumori, H. Takayanagi, T. Yamazaki, M. Sugeno, and H, Nonaka, “Micro-robot control by use of EEG from frontal lobe at silent reading,” 18th Int. Congress on Brain Electromagn-etic Topography, PS509, p. 84, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.