Detection of Artery Regions in Lower Extremity Arteries from Non-Enhanced MR Imaging Based on Particle Filter Algorithms
Yuiko Koga*, Akiyoshi Yamamoto*,**, Hyoungseop Kim*,
Joo Kooi Tan*, and Seiji Ishikawa*
*Kyusyu Institute of Technology, 1-1 Sensui-cho, Tobata-ku, Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka 804-8550, Japan
**Kyoaikai Tobata Kyoritu Hospital, 2-5-1 Sawami, Tobata-ku, Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka 804-0093, Japan
-  K. Yokoyama, T. Nitatori, S. Inaoka, T. Takahara, and J. Hachiya, “Non-contrast Enhanced MR Venography Using 3D Fresh Blood Imaging (FBI): Initial Experience,” Radiation Medicine, Vol.19, No.5, pp. 247-253, 2001.
-  Y. Morimoto, T. Sugimoto, M. Okada, Y. Okita, and T. Mukai, “Platelet Scintigraphy in the Diagnosis of Arteriosclerosis Obliterans,” Surgery Today, Vol.32, pp. 875-879, 2002.
-  K. Nakamura, A. Yamamoto, M. Miyazaki, S. Kawanami, Y. Shioya, and Y. Matsufuji, “Clinical usefulness of non-contrastenhanced MRDSA to evaluate hemodynamics of arterial diseases – initial experience –,” Proc. of the International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol.11, p. 1356, 2003.
-  A. Yamamoto, K. Nakamura, M. Miyazaki, Y. Shioya, S. Kawanami, and Y. Matsufuji, “Non-contrast-enhanced MRDSA of peripheral arteries using continuous acquisitions of ECG-Triggered 2D half-Fourier FSE within a cardiac cycle,” Proc. of the Int. Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol.11, p. 1709, 2003.
-  J.M. Fitzpatrick, D. L. G. Hill, Y. Shyr et al., “Visual Assessment of the Accuracy of Retrospective Registration of MR and CT Images of the Brain,” IEEE Trans. on Med. Imaging, Vol.17, No.4, pp. 517-585, 1998.
-  Li. Q, S. Sone, and K. Doi, “Selective enhancement filters for nodules, vessels, and airway walls in two-and three-dimensional CT scans,” Medical Physics, Vol.30, No.8, pp. 2040-2051, 2003.
-  N. Otsu, “A threshold selection method from gray-level histograms,”IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.9, No.1, pp. 62-66, 1979.
-  Y. Koga, A. Yamamoto, H. Kim, J. K. Tan, and S. Ishikawa, “Detection of Blood Vessel Regions Using Weighted MIP from Nonenhanced MR Imaging,” Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, 2010.
-  B. Sugandi, H. Kim, J. K. Tan, and S. Ishikawa, “Occlusion Handling in Object Tracking Based on Particle Filter Approach,” 7th Int. Conf. & Expo on Emerging Technologies for a Smarter World, 2010.
-  B. Ristic, S. Arulampalam, and N. Gordon, “Beyond the Kalman filter: particle filters for tracking applications,” Artech House, 2004.
-  R. Matsumura and K. Okamura, “Object Detection and Tracking Using Particle Filter,” Oshima National College of Maritime Technology, bulletin No.41, pp. 75-85, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.