Chromatic Vision Support System with Color Conversion Constraints
Yu Shirashige, Hideaki Orii, Hideaki Kawano,
Hiroshi Maeda, and Norikazu Ikoma
Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 1-1 Sensui-cho, Tobata-ku, Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka 804-8550, Japan
The symptoms of “color blindness” are due to an innate lack or deficit of “cone cells” that recognize colors. People with color blindness have difficulty discriminating combinations of specific colors. In this study, we developed a system to support color blindness. In this system, the brightness of colors is modified using a projector-camera system. Images that contain combinations of specific colors are difficult to discriminate using a camera, so this task is performed by a projector. We conducted experiments, to validate our proposed system using various color combinations.
Hiroshi Maeda, and Norikazu Ikoma, “Chromatic Vision Support System with Color Conversion Constraints,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.17, No.2, pp. 176-184, 2013.
-  J.-B. Huang, Y.-C. Tseng, S.-I. Wu, and S.-J. Wang, “Information preserving color transformation for protanopia and deuteranopia,” IEEE Signal Process. Lett., Vol.14, No.10, pp. 711-714, 2007.
-  G. Tanaka, N. Suetake, and E. Uchino, “Lightness modification of color image for protanopia and deuteranopia,” Opt. Rev., Vol.17, No.1, pp. 14-23, 2010.
-  G. Tanaka, H. Hashi, N. Suetake, and E. Uchino, “Contrast Improvement of Indiscriminable Colors in Dichromacy,” 26th Proc. of the Fuzzy System Symposium, pp. 510-511, 2010.
-  T. Tsutsui and K. Aoki, “Development of Wearable Type Color Barrier-free System,” forum on information technology, Vol.6, No.3, pp. 179-180, 2007.
-  T. Amano and H. Kato, “Appearance Control by the Projector Camera System Using MPC,” The IEICE Trans. on information and systems, Vol.J94-D, No.8, pp. 1368-1375, 2011.
-  T. Amano and H. Kato, “Appearance Enhancement Using a Projector-Camera Feedback System,” The IEICE Trans. on information and systems, Vol.J92-D, No.8, pp. 1329-1338, 2009.
-  R. Miyaki, A. Ymashita, and T. Kaneko, “Color Information Presentation for Color Vision Defective by Using a Projector-Camera System,” The papers of Technical Meeting on General Industries Division, IEE Japan 2009, No.1, pp. 19-24, 2009.
-  D. Kawakami, A. Yamashita, T. Kaneko, and H. Asama, “Color Feedback in Information Presentation Using a Profector Camera System,” Proc. of The 18th Symposium on Sensing via Image Information, IS3-07, pp. 1-7, 2012.
-  M. Meguro and T. Koga, “Color Conversion to Perceptible Images for Color-defective Vision,” Proc. Int. Workshop on Image Media Quality and its Applications, pp. 159-164, 2005.
-  N. Suetake, G. Tanaka, and E. Uchida, “A Proposal of Nonlinear Lightness Modification Method for Undiscriminatable Colors,” The IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.J91-D, No.8, pp. 2192-2195, 2008.
-  M. D. Grossberg, H. Peri, S. K. Nayar, and P. N. Belhumeur, “Making one object look like another: Controlling appearance using a projector-camera system,” Proc. CVPR 2004, pp. 452-459, 2004.
-  F. Vienot, H. Brettel, and J. D. Mollon, “Digital video colourmaps for checking the legibility of displays by dichromats,” COLOR research and application, Vol.24, No.4, pp. 243-252, Aug. 1999.