Supervised Learning-Based Feature Selection for Mondrian Paintings Style Authentication
Keon Myung Lee*, Kyoung Soon Hwang*, Kyung Mi Lee*,
Seung Kee Han**, Woo Hyun Jung***, and Seungbok Lee***
*Department of Computer Science, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361-763, Korea
**Department of Physics, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361-763, Korea
***Department of Psychology, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361-763, Korea
-  G. Polatkan, S. Jafarpour, A. Brasoveanu, S. Hughes, and I. Daubechies, “Detection of forgery in paintings using supervised learning,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Image Processing (ICIP2009), pp. 2921-2924, 2009.
-  S. Lyu, D. Rockmore, and H. Farid, “A digital technique for art authentication,” Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol.101, No.49, pp. 17006-17010, 2004.
-  R. Jacobsen and M. Nielsen, “Robustness of digital artist authentication,” Research Report Series, No.R-2011-12, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Aalborg University, 2011.
-  D. Andrzejewski, D. G. Stork, X. Zhu, and R. Spronk, “Inferring compositional style in the neo-plastic paintings of Piet Mondrian by machine learning,” Electronic Imaging: Computer Image Analysis in the Study of Art (SPIE 2010), 2010.
-  J. Y. Shen and T. Gedeon, “Cyber-Genetic Neo-Plasticism – An AI program creating Mondrian-like paintings by using interactive bacterial evolution algorithm,” 2007.
-  P. Locher, K. Overbeeke, and P. J. Stappers, “Spatial balance of color triads in the abstract art of PietMondrian,” Perception, Vol.34, pp. 169-189, 2005.
-  T. Schnier and J. S. Gero, “From Frank Lloyd Wright to Mondrian: Transforming evolving representations,” Adaptive Computing in Design and Manufacture, I. Parmee (Ed.), pp. 207-219, Springer, 2009.
-  J. Chen, “Reproducing Paintings with Mondrians style during the Period of 1921-1933,” J. of Nat. Taipei Teachers College, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 105-120, 2004.
-  B. Pham, “Design for aesthetics: interactions of design variables and aesthetic properties,” Proc. of SPIE IS&T/SPIE 11th Symposium, Vol.3644, pp. 364-371, 1999.
-  C. M. Bishop, “Pattern recognition and Machine learning,” Springer, 2006.
-  S. Theodoridis and K. Koutroumbas, “Pattern Recognition,” Academic Press, 2009.
-  Y. Sun and D. Wu, “A RELIEF based feature extraction algorithm,” Proc. of SIAM Int. Conf. on Data Mining 2008, pp. 188-195, 2008.
-  D. Uhm, S. Jun, and S. J. Lee, “A classification method using data reduction,” Int. J. of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 1-5, 2012.
-  M. Tan, L. Wang, and I. W. Tsang, “Learning sparse SVM for feature selection on very high dimensional datasets,” Proc. of the 27th Int. Conf. on Machine Learning (ICML 2010), Israel, June 2010.
-  M. Hall, E. Frank, G. Holmes, B. Pfahringer, P. Reutemann, and I. H. Witten, “The WEKA data mining software: an update,” SIGKDD Explorations, Vol.11, Issue 1, 2009.
-  M. Tan, I. Tsang, and L. Wang, “Feature generating machine version: 1.0,” 2011.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.