Human-Machine Cooperation in an iSpace Robot Room
Balázs Tusor*, Annamária R. Várkonyi-Kóczy*,**,
Gábor Klie*, and Gábor Kocsis*
*Integrated Intelligent Systems Japanese-Hungarian Laboratory, Óbuda University, Népszínház u.8., H-1081 Budapest, Hungary
**Institute of Mechatronics and Vehicle Engineering, Óbuda University, Népszínház u.8., H-1081 Budapest, Hungary
Nowadays, with the never unseen spreading of computer controlled applications, the usage of smart environment systems that aim to improve the living conditions and quality of everyday life are gaining more and more importance. Intelligent Space (iSpace) based systems are good examples: they strive to create an intelligent, comfortable environment for higher quality, natural and easy to follow lifestyle. The goal of this paper is to present a research that focuses on developing a new Intelligent Space application that is able to comprehend and execute commands given by human users. The presented solution is also able to learn commands that are given periodically under specific conditions and execute them if the conditions occur.
Gábor Klie, and Gábor Kocsis, “Human-Machine Cooperation in an iSpace Robot Room,” J. Adv. Comput. Intell. Intell. Inform., Vol.16, No.6, pp. 723-732, 2012.
-  J.-H. Lee, K. Morioka, N. Ando, and H. Hashimoto, “Cooperation of distributed intelligent sensors in intelligent environment,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.9, No.3, 2004.
-  J.-H. Lee and H. Hashimoto, “Intelligent Space,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, IROS 2000, Vol.2, pp. 1358-1363, 2000.
-  M. Weiser, “The Computer for the twentyfirst century,” Scientific American, pp. 94-104, 1991.
-  G. Appenzeller, J.-H. Lee, and H. Hashimoto, “Building topological maps by looking at people: An example of cooperation between Intelligent Spaces and robots,” Intelligent Robots and Systems, Vol.3, No.7, pp. 1326-1333, 1997.
-  K. Hercegfi, “Heart Rate Variability Monitoring during Human-Computer Interaction,” Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, Vol.8, No.5, pp. 205-224, 2011.
-  J. F. Sowa, “Conceptual Graphs for a Data Base Interface,” IBM J. of Research and Development, Vol.20, No.4, pp. 336-357, 1976.
-  A. R. Várkonyi-Kóczy and B. Tusor, “Human-Computer Interaction for Smart Environment Applications Using Fuzzy Hand Posture and Gesture Models,” IEEE Trans. on Instrumentation and Measurement, Vol.60, No.5, pp. 1505-1515, May 2011.
-  T. Raitio, A. Suni, J. Yamagishi, H. Pulakka, J. Nurminen, M. Vainio, and P. Alku, “HMM-Based Speech Synthesis Utilizing Glottal Inverse Filtering,” IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, Vol.19 Issue 1, pp. 153-165, Jan. 2011.
-  R. A. Brooks, “The Intelligent Room project,” 2nd Int. Conf. on Cognitive Technology (CT ’97), p. 271, 1997.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.