A Combined Method Based on SVM and Online Learning with HOG for Hand Shape Recognition
Kazutaka Shimada, Ryosuke Muto, and Tsutomu Endo
Department of Artificial Intelligence, Kyushu Institute of Technology, 680-4 Kawazu, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820-8502, Japan
-  A. van Dam, “Post-WIMP User Interfaces,” Communication of the ACM, Vol.40, No.2, pp. 63-67, 1997.
-  W. T. Freeman and C. D. Weissman, “Television Control by Hand Gestures,” in Proc. of IWAFGR 95, pp. 179-183, 1995.
-  S. Hiranuma, A. Kimura, F. Shibata, and H. Tamura, “Interface Design ofWide-View ElectronicWorking Space Using Gesture Operations for Collaborative Work,” in Proc. of HCI 2007, pp. 1332-1336, 2007.
-  K. Oka, Y. Sato, and H. Koike, “Real-Time Fingertip Tracking and Gesture Recognition,” Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol.22, No.6, pp. 64-71, 2002.
-  N. Dalal and B. Triggs, “Histograms of Oriented Gradients for Human Detection,” in Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), pp. 886-893, 2005.
-  F. Han, Y. Shan, and R. Cekander, “A Two-Stage Approach to People and Vehicle Detection with HOG-Based SVM,” PerMIS, pp. 133-140, 2006.
-  Y. Yamauchi and H. Fujiyoshi, “People Detection Based on Cooccurrence of Appearance and Spatio-temporal Features,” Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2008.
-  V. N. Vapnik, “Statistical Learning Theory,” Wiley, 1999.
-  F. Rosenblatt, “The Perceptron: A Probabilistic Model for Information Storage and Organization in the Brain,” Psychological Review, Vol.65, No.6, pp. 389-408, 1958.
-  Y. Freund and R. E. Schapire, “Large Margin Classification Using the Perceptron Algorithm,” Machine Learning, Vol.37, No.3, pp. 277-296, 1999.
-  D. G. Lowe, “Distinctive image features from scaleinvariant keypoints,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.60, No.2, pp. 91-110, 2004.
-  Y. Pekelny and C. Gotsman, “Articulated Object Reconstruction and Markerless Motion Capture from Depth Video,” Computer Graphics Forum, Vol.27, No.2, pp. 399-408, 2008.
-  A. D. Wilson and H. Benko, “Combining multiple depth cameras and projectors for interactions on, above and between surfaces,” in Proc. of the 23nd annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology (UIST ’10), pp. 273-282, 2010.
-  K. Shimada and T. Endo, “Seeing several stars: a rating inference task for a document containing several evaluation criteria,” in Proc. of the 12th Pacific-Asia Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2008), pp. 1006-1014, 2008.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.