Optimal Parameter Setting of Active-Contours Using Differential Evolution and Expert-Segmented Sample Image
Arman Darvish and Shahryar Rahnamayan
Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), 2000 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa, Ontario L1H 7K4, Canada
-  R. C. Gonzalez and R. E. Woods, “Thresholding. In Digital Image Processing,” pp. 595-611, Pearson Education, 2002. ISBN: 81-7808-629-8
-  J. C. Dunn, “Well Separated Clusters and Optimal Fuzzy Partitions,” J. Cybern., Vol.4, No.3, pp. 95-104, 1974.
-  K. Qin, K. Xu, Y. Du, and D. Li, “Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (FSKD),” 2010 Seventh Int. Conf. on, Aug. 10-12, 2010, Yantai, Shandong, pp. 524-528, 2010.
-  J. Canny, “A computational approach to edge detection,” IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.8, pp. 679-714, 1986.
-  M. Kass, A. Witkin, and D. Terzopoulos, “Snakes: Active Contour Models,” Int. J. of Computer Vision, Vol.1, pp. 321-332, 1988.
-  S. Osher and N. Paragios, “Geometric Level Set Methods in Imaging Vision and Graphics,” Springer Verlag, 2003. ISBN: 0387954880
-  J. Shi and J. Malik, “Normalized Cuts and Image Segmentation,” IEEE Trans. on pattern analysis and machine intelligence, Vol.22, No.8, pp. 888-905, 2000.
-  M. Khelif, F. Derraz, and M. Beladgham, “Application of Active Contour Models in Medical Image Segmentation,” Int. Conf. on Information Technology: Coding and Computing (ITCC’04), Vol.2, April 2004, Nevada, p. 675, 2004.
-  L. T. Kejun, W. G. Sheng, and F. Yonghual, “An Image Segmentation Algorithm Based on the Simulated Annealing and Improved Snake Model,” Mechatronic and automation, Int. Conf., Harbin, pp. 3876, August 2007.
-  J. H. Tan, N. G. Eyk, and R. Acharya, “Detection of Eye and Cornea on IR Thermogram Using Genetic Snake Algorithm,” 9th Int. Conf. on Quantitative InfraRed Thermography, July 2-5, 2008, Krakow, Poland, pp. 21-36, 2008.
-  M. Gastaud, M. Barlaud, and G. Aubert, “Tracking Video Objects Using Active Contours,” Proc. of Workshop on Motion and Video Computing, pp. 90-95, 2002.
-  S. Rahnamayan and Z. S. Mohamad, “Breast Ultrasound Segmentation Based on Evolutionary Optimization of Image Processing Chain,” Int.Workshop on Real Time Measurement, Instrumentation and Control [RTMIC], UOIT, Oshawa, Canada, June 25-26, 2010.
-  S. Rahnamayan, H. R. Tizhoosh, and M. M. A. Salama, “Automatic Acquisition of Image Filtering and Object Extraction Procedures from Ground-Truth Samples,” J. of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 115-127, 2009.
-  C. Liu, J. Ma, and G. Ye, “Medical Image Segmentation by Geodesic Active Contour Incorporating Region Statistical Information,” Fourth Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, IEEE, 2007.
-  L. Wang, Ch. Li, Q. Sun, D. Xia, and C.-Y. Kao, “Active Contours Driven by Local and Global Intensity Fitting Energy with Application to Brain MR Image Segmentation,” Elsevier Computerized Medical Imaging and Graphics, pp. 520-531, 2009.
-  T. McInerney and D. Terzopoulos, “Medical Image Segmentation Using Topologically Adaptable Snake,” Int. Conf. on Computer Vision, Virtual Reality and Robotics in Medicine, Grenoble, France, March, 1997.
-  R. Boscolo, M. S. Matthew, S. Brown, and M. F. McNitt-Gray, “Medical Image Segmentation with Knowledge-guided Robust Active Contours,” infoRAD on March-April 2002, Vol.22, pp. 437-448, 2002.
-  D. J.Williams and M. Shah, “A Fast Algorithm for Active Contours and Curvature Estimation,” Department of Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida 32816, CVGIP; Image Understanding, Vol.55, No.1, pp. 14-26, January 1992.
-  B. van Ginneken, A. F. Frangi, J. J. Staal, M. M. ter Haar Romeny, and M. A. Viergever, “Active Shape Model Segmentation with Optimal Features,” IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, Vol.21, No.8, pp. 924-933, August 2002.
-  J.-J. Rousselle, N. Vincent, and N. Verbeke, “Genetic Algorithm to Set Active Contour,” 10th Int. Conf. Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns CAIP-2003, Tours, France, August 25-27, Groningen, Hollande, pp. 345-352, 2003.
-  K. V. Price, R. M. Storn, and J. A. Lampinen, “Differential Evolution: A Practical Approach to Global Optimization,” Springer, 2005. ISBN: 3540209506
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.