The Analysis of Consumer Purchasing Behavior on Cosmetics
Ya-Ling Wu* and You-Shyang Chen**
*Department of Applied English, National Chin-Yi University of Technology, 57 Zhongshan Rd. Sec. 2, Taiping District, Taichung 41170, Taiwan
**Department of Information Management, Hwa Hsia Institute of Technology, 111 Gong Jhuan Rd., Chung Ho District, New Taipei City 235, Taiwan
Consumers have different purchasing behaviors. In order to understand their differences, the individual characters and background are the main factors to be analyzed. This study investigated the consumer purchasing behaviors on cosmetics in two different consumer groups: the counter cosmetic consumers and the open-stack cosmetic consumers. The participants were selected from a famous commercial district. The results revealed the differences on fashion, brand, service, quality and price between the two consumer groups. In addition, the demographic analysis was provided.
-  C.-C. Lin, “The development and future trends for cosmetic industry in Taiwan,” Chem. Industry Information, Vol.4, pp. 16-32, 2003.
-  Y.-J. Dai, “The Study of Female Cosmetic Purchasing Behavior – an example of female college students in Taipei,” unpublished dissertation, Institute of Business and Management, National Chiao Tung University, 1998.
-  L.-C. Chang, “The Introduction to Modern Cosmetics,” Gau Lih Book Co. Ltd., 2002.
-  Y.-H. Su, “Marketing management,” Tsan-Hai Publisher, 2005.
-  H.-W. Zheng, “Marketing channel management,” Hsien-Yie Administration, 2003.
-  W. O. Beardan, T. N. Ingram, and R.W. LaForge, “Marketing: principles & perspectives,” Chien-Chen Business, 2001.
-  C.-W. Zhang, “a study of consumer characteristic in different cosmetic marketing channels,” unpublished master thesis, 1990.
-  P. A. Geis, “Cosmetic microbiology: a practical approach,” Taylor&Francis: LCC Press of Taylor & Francis, 2006.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.