Visualization of the Internet News Based on Efficient Self-Organizing Map Using Restricted Region Search and Dimensionality Reduction
Tetsuya Toyota*,** and Hajime Nobuhara*
*Department of Intelligent Interaction Technologies, University of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tenoudai, Tsukuba Science City, Ibaraki 305-8573, Japan
**Japan Society for the Promotion of Science, Sumitomo Ichibancho FS Bldg., 8 Ichibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-8472, Japan
-  M. W. Berry and J. Kogan, “Text Mining: Applications and Theory,” Wiley, 2010.
-  T. Hashimoto, K. Murakami, K. Inui, K. Utsumi, and M. Ishikawa, “Topic Extraction and Social Problem Detection Based on Document Clustering,” Sociotechnica, Vol.5, pp. 216-226, 2008.
-  T. Iwata, T. Yamada, and N. Ueda, “Probabilistic Latent Semantic Visualization: Topic Model for Visualizing Documents,” Proc. of 14th ACM SIGKDD Int. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD2008), pp. 363-371, 2008.
-  S. Roweis and L. Saul, “Nonlinear dimensionality reduction by locally linear embedding,” Science, Vol.290, No.5500, pp. 2323-2326, 2000.
-  M. Trampus andM. Grobelnik, “Visualization of Online Discussion Forums,” Workshop on Applications of Pattern Analysis, Windsor, UK, Vol.11, pp. 134-141, 2010.
-  T. Kohonen, “Self-Organizing Maps,” Springer, 1995.
-  T. Joachims, “Text categorization with Support Vector Machines: Learning with many relevant features,” ECML-98, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol.1398. pp. 137-142, 1998.
-  A. McCallum and K. Nigam, “A comparison of event models for naive Bayes text classification,” IN AAAI-98 Workshop on Learning for Text Categorization, 1998.
-  K. Aihara and A. Takasu, “Domain Visualization Based on Authorized,” NII Journal, Vol.5, pp. 1-8, 2003.
-  R. Sano, K. Hatano, and K. Tanaka, “Clustering and Visualizing of Web Documents using Self-Organizing Map,” IPSJ SIG Technical Report SIG-DBS, Vol.98, No.57, pp. 33-40, 1998.
-  L. Wang, M. Jiang, S. Liao, and Y. Lu, “A Feature Selection Method Based on Concept Extraction and SOM Text Clustering Analysis,” IJCSNS Int. J. of Computer Science and Network Security, pp. 20-28, 2006.
-  T. Honkela, S. Kaski, K. Lagus, and T. Kohonen, “WEBSOM – Self-Organizing Maps of Document Collections,” Proc. of the Workshop on Self-Organizing Maps, pp. 310-315, 1997.
-  D. Roussinov and H. Chen, “A Scalable Self-Organizing Map Algorithm for Textual Classification: A Neural Network Approach to Thesaurus Generation,” CC-AI Communication, Cognition and Artificial Intelligence, Vol.15, No.1-2, pp. 81-111, 1998.
-  R. Rizzo, M. Allegra, and G. Fulantelli, “Hypertext-like structures through a SOM network,” in Proc. of the 10th ACM Conf. on Hypertext and Hypermedia, pp. 71-72, 1998.
-  T. Kohonen, “The speedy SOM,” Technical Report A33, Helsinki University of Technology, Laboratory of Computer and Information Science, 2008.
-  J. Zhang, “Dynamics and Formation of Self-Organizing Maps,” Neural Computation, Vol.3, No.1, pp. 54-66, 1991.
-  N. R. Pal, J. C. Bezdek, and E. C. K. Tsao, “Improving convergence and performance of Kohonen���s self-organizing scheme,” Proc. SPIE 1710, pp. 500-509, 1992.
-  T. Tokunaga, “Information Retrieval and Language Processing,” University of Tokyo Press, 1999.
-  “MeCab.” http://mecab.sourceforge.net
-  T. Yanagida, T. Miura, and I. Sioya, “Classifying Databases by kpropagated Self-Organizing Map,” Int. Conf. on Enterprise Information Systems (ICEIS), pp. 499-502, 2003.
-  T. Ichimura, S. Oeda, T. Yamashita, and E. Tazaki, “A Learning Method of Neural Network with Lattice Architecture,” J. of Japan Society for Fuzzy Theory and Systems, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 28-42, 2002.
-  “Processing.” http://processing.org.
-  R. Feldman and J. Sanger, “The Text Mining Handbook,” Cambridge University Press, 2007.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.