Similarity Retrieval of Motion Capture Data Based on Derivative Features
Worawat Choensawat*, Woong Choi**,
and Kozaburo Hachimura*
*School of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University, 1-1-1 Noji Higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, Japan
**Department of Information and Computer Engineering, Gunma National College of Technology, 580 Tobamachi, Maebashi, Gunma 371-8530, Japan
-  CMU, “MoCap Database,” 2003.
-  A. Bruderlin and L. Williams, “Motion signal processing,” In SIGGRAPH’95: Proc. of the 22nd Annual Conf. on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques, pp. 97-104, 1995.
-  T. Yu, X. Shen, Q. Li, and W. Geng, “Motion retrieval based on movement notation language: Motion Capture and Retrieval,” Computer Animation. Virtual Worlds, Vol.16, pp. 273-282, July 2005.
-  S.-W. Kim, S. Park, and W. W. Chu, “An Index-Based Approach for Similarity Search Supporting Time Warping in Large Sequence Databases,” In Proc. of the ICDE 2001, pp. 607-614, 2001.
-  M. Müller, T. Röder, and M. Clausen, “Efficient content-based retrieval of motion capture data,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 677-685, 2005.
-  B. Demuth, T. Röder, M. Müller, and B. Eberhardt, “An Information Retrieval System for Motion Capture Data,” In Proc. of the 28th European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR), Vol.3936 of LNCS, pp. 373-384. Springer, 2006.
-  K. Forbes and E. Fiume, “An efficient search algorithm for motion data using weighted PCA,” In Proc. of the 2005 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics symposium on Computer animation, SCA’05, pp. 67-76. ACM, 2005.
-  L. Kovar andM. Gleicher, “Automated extraction and parameterization of motions in large data sets,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.23, pp. 559-568, August 2004.
-  B. Krüger, J. Tautges, A. Weber, and A. Zinke, “Fast local and global similarity searches in large motion capture databases,” In Proc. of the 2010 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics Symposium on Computer Animation, pp. 1-10. Eurographics Association, 2010.
-  K. Onuma, C. Faloutsos, and J. K. Hodgins, “FMDistance: A fast and effective distance function for motion capture data,” In Short Papers Proc. of EUROGRAPHICS, 2008.
-  Y. Sakamoto, S. Kuriyama, and T. Kaneko, “Motion map: imagebased retrieval and segmentation of motion data,” In Proc. of the 2004 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics symposium on Computer animation, SCA’04, pp. 259-266, Aire-la-Ville, Switzerland, Switzerland, 2004.
-  L. Kovar, J. Schreiner, and M. Gleicher, “Footskate cleanup for motion capture editing,” In Proc. of the 2002 ACM SIGGRAPH/Eurographics symposium on Computer animation, pp. 97-104, ACM, 2002.
-  J. Lee, J. Chai, P. Reitsma, J. Hodgins, and N. Pollard, “Interactive control of avatars animated with human motion data,” ACM Trans. on Graphics, Vol.21, No.3, pp. 491-500, 2002.
-  J. Wang and B. Bodenheimer, “Synthesis and evaluation of linear motion transitions,” ACM Trans. on Graphics (TOG), Vol.27, No.1 p. 1, 2008.
-  J. Barbič, A. Safonova, J.-Y. Pan, C. Faloutsos, J. K. Hodgins, and N. S. Pollard, “Segmenting motion capture data into distinct behaviors,” In Proc. of the Graphics Interface, GI’04, pp. 185-194, 2004.
-  G. Johansson, “Visual perception of biological motion and a model for its analysis,” Perception and Psychophysics, No.2, 1973.
-  J. A. Rice, “Mathematical Statistics and Data Analysis,” Duxbury Advanced Series, 3rd edition, 2007.
-  J. Aach and G. M. Church, “Aligning gene expression time series with time warping algorithm,” Bioinformatics, pp. 495-508, 2001.
-  H. Müller, W. Müller, D. M. Squire, S. Marchand-Maillet, and T. Pun, “Performance evaluation in content-based image retrieval: overview and proposals,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.22, pp. 593-601, April 2001.
-  X. Jianfeng, K. Haruhisa, and Y. Akio, “Content-Based Retrieval of Motion Capture Data Using Short-Term Feature Extraction,” IEICE Trans. on Information and Systems, Vol.92, No.9, pp. 1657-1667, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.