Information Enhancement on a Focused Object Using Linked Data
Kanako Onishi and Ichiro Kobayashi
Advanced Sciences, Graduate School of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, 2-1-1 Otsuka, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8610, Japan
Various data has recently been made into Linked Data. Each resource defined in Linked Data is represented in the form of RDF data and is linked to other resources. There are many studies that extract particular information from Linked Data by calculating the similarity between the target resource and other resources. We propose two new methods to extract particular information from Linked Data, not only by calculating the similarity between resources but also by investigating what resources the target resource is linked to and how the target resource is linked to the other resources. One of the two methods is based on the resource analysis of Linked Data. We can extract information that has the same property information between a target resource and other resources. The other is a method based on the linked analysis of Linked Data. We can extract information with a particular trend through three scores that we have defined. We have verified that our proposed methods are useful by conducting a subject experiment.
-  Linked Data, http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html
-  S. Auer, C. Bizer, G. Kobilarov, J. Lehmann, R. Cyganiak, and Z. Ives, “Dbpedia: a nucleus for a web of open data,” In Proc. of the 6th Int. The semantic web and 2nd Asian Conf. on Asian semantic web Conf., pp. 722-735, 2007.
-  Yago, http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/yago-naga/yago/
-  Music Brainz, http://musicbrainz.org/
-  Watson, http://kmi-web05.open.ac.uk/WatsonWUI/
-  SWSE, http://swse.deri.org/
-  J.Waitelonis and H. Sack, “Towards Exploratory Video Search Using Linked Data,” 11th IEEE Int. Symposium on Multimedia, San Diego, CA, pp. 540-545, 2009.
-  D. Vallet, I. Cantador, and J. M. Jose, “Exploiting external knowledge to improve video retrieval,” In Proc. of the Int. Conf. on Multimedia information retrieval, pp. 101-110, 2010.
-  R. Delbru, N. Toupikov, M. Catasta, G. Tummarello, and S. Decker, “Hierarchical Link Analysis for Ranking Web Data,” The Semantic Web: Research and Applications, 7th Extended Semantic Web Conf., ESWC No.2, pp. 225-239, 2010.
-  L. Page, S. Brin, R. Motwani, and T. Winograd, “The PageRank Citation Ranking: Bringing Order to the Web,” Technical Report, Stanford InfoLab, 1999.
-  A. Passant, “Measuring Semantic Distance on Linking Data and Using it for Resources Recommendations,” In Proc. of the AAAI Spring Symposium “Linked Data Meets Artificial Intelligence,” 2010.
-  A. Passant, “dbrec: music recommendations using DBpedia,” Proc. of the 9th Int. semantic web Conf. on The semantic web – Volume Part II, ISWC’10, pp. 209-224, 2010.
-  R. Mirizzi, A. Ragone, T. D. Noia, and E. D. Sciascio, “Ranking the Linked Data : The Case of DBpedia, Management,” pp. 337-354, 2010.
-  T. Franz, A. Schultz, S. Sizov, and S. Staab, “TripleRank: Ranking Semantic Web Data by Tesnro Decomposition,” In Proc. of the 8th Int. Semantic Web Conf., pp. 213-228, Springer, 2009.
-  L. Ding, R. Pan, T. Finin, A. Joshi, Y. Peng, and P. Kolari, “Finding and Ranking Knowledge on the Semantic Web,” in Proc. of the 4th Int. Semantic Web Conf., 2005.
-  L. Ding, T. Finin, A. Joshi, R. Pan, R. S. Cost, Y. Peng, P. Reddivari, V. C. Doshi, and J. Sachs, “Swoogle: A search and metadata engine for the semantic web,” In: CIKM’04, 2004.
-  J. O. N. M. Kleinberg, “Authoritative Sources in a Hyperlinked Environment,” J. of the ACM, Vol.46, No.5, pp. 604-632, 1999.