Enhancing a Fuzzy Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Methodology with an Analogical Reasoning Technique
Tze Ling Jee, Kai Meng Tay, and Chee Khoon Ng
University Malaysia Sarawak, 94300 Kota Samarahan, Sarawak, Malaysia
-  J. B. Bowles and C. E. Peláez, “Fuzzy logic prioritization of failures in a system failure mode, effects and criticality analysis,” Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol.50, pp. 203-213, 1995.
-  K. M. Tay and C. P. Lim, “Enhancing the Failure Mode and Effect Analysis Methodology with fuzzy inference techniques,” J. of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, Vol.21 No.1-2, pp. 135-146, 2010.
-  A.Pillay and J. Wang, “Modified failure mode and Effects analysis using approximate reasoning,” Reliability Engineering & System Safety, Vol.79, pp. 69-85, 2003.
-  A. C. F. Guimarães and C. M. F. Lapa, “Effects analysis fuzzy inference system in nuclear problems using Approximate reasoning,” Annals of nuclear Energy, Vol.31, pp. 107-115, 2004a.
-  A. C. F. Guimarães and C. M. F. Lapa, “Fuzzy FMEA applied to PWR chemical and volume control system,” Progress in Nuclear Energy, Vol.44, pp. 191-213, 2004.
-  K. M. Tay and C. P Lim, “On the Use of Fuzzy Inference Techniques in Assessment Models: Part II: Industrial Applications,” Fuzzy Optim Decis Making, pp. 283-302, 2008.
-  R. J. Latino, “Optimizing FMEA and RCA efforts in health care,” ASHRM Journal, Vol.24, No.3, pp. 21-28, 2004.
-  Z. Yang, S. Bonsall, and J. Wang, “Fuzzy Rule-Based Bayesian Reasoning Approach for Prioritization of Failures in FMEA,” IEEE Trans. On Reliability, Vol.57, No.3, pp. 517-528, 2008.
-  K. M. Tay and C. P. Lim, “Fuzzy FMEA with Guided Rules Reduction System for Prioritization of Failures,” Int. J. of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol.23, pp. 1047-1066, 2006.
-  Y. M.Wang, K. S. Chin, G. K. K. Poon, and J. B. Yang, “Risk evaluation in failure mode and effects analysis using fuzzy weighted geometric mean,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.36, pp. 1195-1207, 2009.
-  R. K. Sharma, D. Kumar, and P. Kumar, “Systematic failure mode analysis (FMEA) using fuzzy linguistic modeling,” Int. J. of Quality & Reliabilty Management, Vol.22, No.9, pp. 986-1004, 2005.
-  Y. M. Wang, K. S. Chin, G. K. K. Poon, and J. B. Yang, “Failure mode and effects analysis using a group-based evidential reasoning approach,” Computers & Operations Research, Vol.36, pp. 1768-1779, 2009.
-  Y. Jin, “Fuzzy Modeling of High-Dimensional Systems: Complexity Reduction and Interpretability Improvement,” IEEE Trans on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.8, No.2, pp. 212-221, 2000.
-  Y. Yam, P. Baranyi, and C. T. Yang, “Reduction of fuzzy rule base via singular value decomposition,” IEEE Trans on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.7, No.2, pp. 120-132, 1999.
-  Y. Yam, “Fuzzy approximation via grid point sampling and singular value decomposition,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B: Cybernetics, Vol.27, pp. 933-951, 1999.
-  M. Setnes and R. Babu��ska, “Rule Base Reduction: Some Comments on the Use of Orthogonal Transforms,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part C, Vol.31, No.2, pp. 199-206, 2001.
-  I. B. Turksen, and Z. Zhong, “An approximate Analogical Reasoning Approach Based on Similarity measures,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.18, No.6, pp. 1049-1056, 1988.
-  L. T. Kóczy and K. Hirota, “Size Reduction by Interpolation in Fuzzy Rule Bases,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics – Part B, Vol.27, No.1, pp. 14-25, 1997.
-  Z. H. Huang and Q. Shen, “Fuzzy interpolation and extrapolation: a practical approach,” IEEE Trans Fuzzy System, Vol.16, pp. 13-28, 2008.
-  K. M. Tay and C. P. Lim, “On the Use of Fuzzy Rule Interpolation Techniques for Monotonic Multi-Input Fuzzy Rule Base Models,” FUZZ-IEEE 2009, pp. 1736-1740, 2009.
-  S. Guillaume, “Designing Fuzzy Inference Systems from Data: An Interpretability-Oriented Review,” IEEE Trans on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.9, No.3, pp. 426-443, 2001.
-  J. S. R. Jang, “ANFIS: Adaptive-Network-Based Fuzzy Inference System,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Vol.23, No.3, pp. 665-685, 1993.
-  R. P. Hall, “Computational Approaches to Analogical Reasoning: A Comparative Analysis,” Artificial Intelligence, pp. 39-120, 1989.
-  R. R. Tummala, “Fundamentals of Microsystems packaging,” McGraw-Hill Professional, 2000.
-  J. Kennedy & R. C. Eberhart, “Particle Swarm Optimization,” In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Neural Networks, Vol.4, pp. 1942-1948, 1995.
-  Z. W. Geem, “Music-Inspired Harmony Search Algorithm: Theory and Applications,” Springer, 2009.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.