Smart Management of HVDC Interface Flow for Jeju Island System with High Penetration of Wind Energy
Hwachang Song*, Dong-Hee Yoon**, Gilsoo Jang**,
and Jang-Ho Lee***
*Electrical Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, 138 Gongreung-Gil, Nowon-Gu, Seoul 139-743, Korea
**Electrical Engineering, Korea University, 1 Anam-5Ga, Sungbuk-Gu, Seoul 136-701, Korea
***Mechanical Engineering, Kunsan National University, San 68, Miryong-Dong, Kunsan, Jeonbuk 573-701, Korea
-  H. Farhangi, “The path of the smart grid,” IEEE Power and Energy Magazine, Vol.8, pp. 18-28, 2010.
-  S. M. Kaplan, F. Sissine, A. Abel, J. Wellinghoff, S. G. Kelly, and J. J. Hoecker, “Smart Grid,” TheCapitol.Net, Washington, 2009.
-  T. Ackermann (Ed.), “Wind Power in Power Systems,” John Willey & Sons, London, 2008.
-  J. Kabouris and F. D. Kanellos, “Impacts of Large-Scale Wind Penetration on Designing and Operation of Electric Power Systems,” IEEE Trans. Sustainable Energy, Vol.1, pp. 107-114, 2010.
-  P. Kundur, “Power System Stability and Control,” McGraw Hill, New York, 1994.
-  T. Van Cutsem and C. Vournas, “Voltage Stability of Electric Power Systems,” Springer, New York, 1998.
-  V. Ajjarapu, “Computational Techniques for Voltage Stability Assessment and Control,” Springer, New York, 2006.
-  C. K. Kim, V. K. Sood, G. Jang, S. J. Lim, and S. J. Lee, “HVDC Transmission: Power Conversion Application in Power Systems,” Wiley-IEEE Press, 2009.
-  H. Song, S. Kim, B. Lee, S. H. Kwon, and V. Ajjarapu, “Determination of Interface Flow Margin Using the Modified Continuation Power Flow in Voltage Stability Analysis,” IEE Proc. – Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol.148, 2001.
-  B. Lee, S. G. Kang, S. Seo, V. Ajjarapu, and H. Song, “Generation re-dispatch algorithm against voltage collapse in Jeju island system with a frequency control by high-voltage direct current,” IET Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol.4, pp. 609-619, 2010.
-  H. Song, R. D. Dosano, and B. Lee, “Power System Voltage Stability Classification Using Interior PointMethod Based Support Vector Machine (IPMSVM),” Int. J. of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, Vol.9, pp. 238-243, 2009.
-  R. Seydel, “Practical Bifurcation and Stability Analysis: From Equilibrium to Chaos,” Springer-Verlag, New York, 1994.
-  V. Vittal, J. McCalley, V. Ajjarapu, and U. V. Shanbhag, “Impact of Increased DFIGWind Penetration on Power Systems and Markets,” PSERC Final Report, 1996.
-  CIGRE Task Force 38-02-11, “Indices predicting voltage collapse including dynamic phenomena,” CIGRE Brochure, Paris, 1995.
-  W. Rosehart, C. Canizares, and V. Quintana, “Optimal power flow incorporating voltage collapse constraints,” Proc. of 1999 IEEE Summer Meeting, Vol.2, pp. 820-825, 1999.
-  S. Kim, T. Y. Song, M. H. Jeong, B. Lee, Y. H. Moon, J. Y. Namkung, and G. Jang, “Development of voltage stability constrained optimal power flow (VSCOPF),” Proc. of 2001 IEEE Summer Meeting, Vol.3, pp. 1664-1669, 2001.
-  H. Song, B. Lee, and Y.-H. Moon, “Reactive optimal power flow incorporating margin enhancement constraints with nonlinear interior point method,” IEE Proc. – Gener. Transm. Distrib., Vol.152, pp. 961-968, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.