An Unscented Rauch-Tung-Striebel Smoother for a Vehicle Localization Problem
Saifudin Razali*, Keigo Watanabe*, Shoichi Maeyama*,
and Kiyotaka Izumi**
*Department of Intelligent Mechanical Systems, Okayama University, 3-1-1 Tsushima-naka, Kita-ku, Okayama 700-8530, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Saga University, 1 Honjomachi, Saga 840-8502, Japan
-  R. van der Merwe, “Sigma point Kalman filter for probabilistic inference in dynamic state-space models,” Ph.D. Thesis, Oregon Health Science University, Portland, 2004.
-  G. Evensen, “The ensemble Kalman filter: Theoretical formulation and practical implementation,” Ocean Dynamics, Vol.53, pp. 343-367, 2003.
-  M. S. Arulampalam, S. Maskell, N. Gordon, and T. Clapp, “A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-Gaussian Bayesian tracking,” IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, Vol.50, No.2, pp. 174-188, 2002.
-  S. J. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, “Unscented filtering and nonlinear estimation,” Proc. of the IEEE, Vol.92, No.3, pp. 401-422, 2004.
-  E. Wan and R. van der Merwe, “The Unscented Kalman Filter,” New York: Wiley, 2004.
-  H. E. Rauch, F. Tung, and C. T. Striebel, “Maximum likelihood estimates of linear dynamic systems,” AIAA Journal, Vol.3, No.8, pp. 1445-1450, 1965.
-  H. E. Rauch, “Solutions to linear smoothing problem,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.8, No.4, pp. 371-372, 1963.
-  S. Särkkä, “Unscented Rauch-Tung-Striebel smoother,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.AC-53, No.3, pp. 845-849, 2008.
-  S. Razali, K. Watanabe, S. Maeyama, and K. Izumi, “An unscented Rauch-Tung-Striebel smoother for a bearing only tracking problem,” Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems 2010, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, 2010.
-  S. Razali, K. Watanabe, S. Maeyama, and K. Izumi, “An unscented Rauch-Tung-Striebel smoother for a vehicle tracking problem,” Int. Conf. on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems and Int. Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems 2010, Okayama, Japan, 2010.
-  S. J. Julier and J. K. Uhlmann, “A new approach for filtering nonlinear transformations,” Proc. of the 1995 American Control, Conference, Seattle, Washington, pp. 1628-1632, 1995.
-  S. J. Julier, J. K. Uhlmann, and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “A new method for nonlinear transformations of means and covariances in filters and estimators,” IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Vol.45, No.3, pp. 477-482, 2000.
-  Y. C. Ho and R. C. K. Lee, “A Bayesian approach to problems in stochastic estimation and control,” IEEE Trans. on Automatics Control, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 333-339, 1964.
-  S. Särkkä, “Recursive Bayesian Inference on Stochastic Differential Equations,” Ph.D. Thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, 2006.
-  Y. Wu, D. Hu, M. Wu, and X. Hu, “Unscented kalman filtering for additive noise case: Augmented versus nonaugmented.” IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol.12, No.5, pp. 357-360, 2005.
-  E. A. Wan, and R. v. d. Merwe, “The unscented Kalman filter,” S. Haykin (Ed.), Kalman Filtering and Neural Networks, Ch.7, Wiley, 2001.
-  M. Klaas, M. Briers, N. de Freitas, A. Doucet, S. Maskell, and D. Lang, “Fast particle smoothing: If I had a million particles,” Proc. of ICML 2006, 2006.
-  B. Barshan and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “Inertial navigation systems for mobile robots,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 328-342, 1995.
-  R. E. Kalman, “A new approach to linear filtering and prediction problems,” ASME J. of Basic Engineering, Vol.86, pp. 35-45, 1960.
-  S. I. Roumeliotis, G. S. Sukhatme, and G. A. Bekey, “Smoother based 3D attitude estimation for mobile robot localization,” Technical report, University of Southern California, 1998.
-  J. J. Leonard and H. F. Durrant-Whyte, “Mobile robot localization by tracking geometric beacons,” IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.7, No.3, pp. 376-382, 1991.
-  R. Negenborn, “Robot localization and kalman filter,” M.S. thesis, Utrecht University, 2003.
-  S. Thrun, “Bayesian landmark learning for mobile robot localization,” Machine Learning, Vol.33, No.1, 1998.
-  A. Elfes, “Sonar-based real world mapping and navigation,” IEEE J. of Robotics and Automation (RA), Vol.3, No.3, pp. 249-265, 1987.
-  S. Thrun. “Learning maps for indoor mobile robot navigation,” Artificial Intelligence, 1999.
-  T. Bailey, “Mobile Robot Localization and Mapping in Extensive Outdoor Environments,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Sydney, Australian Center for Field Robotics, 2002.
-  T. Bailey, “Localization in large-scale environment,” Robotics and Autonomous System, Vol.37, No.4, pp. 261-281, 2001.
-  J. Nieto, T. Bailey, and E. Nebot, “Recursive scan-matching SLAM,” Robotics and Autonomous System, Vol.55, No.5, pp. 39-49, 2007.
-  H. Durrant-Whyte and T. Bailey, “Simultaneous localisation and mapping (SLAM): Part I The essential algorithms,” IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, Vol.13, Issue 2, pp. 99-110, 2006.
-  T. Bailey, “Constrained initialization for bearing only SLAM,” IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, No.2, pp. 1966-1977, 2003.
-  A. Costa, G. Kantor, and H. Choset, “Bearing-only landmark initialization with unknown data association,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, Vol.2, pp. 1764-1770, 2004.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.