Optimization of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Trajectory Tracking Using Genetic Algorithm
Pintu Chandra Shill*, M. A. H. Akhand**,
Md. Faijul Amin*, and Kazuyuki Murase*
*Department of System Design Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, University of Fukui, 3-9-1 Bunkyo, Fukui 910-8507, Japan
**Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Khulna University of Engineering & Technology (KUET), Khulna 9203, Bangladesh
-  A. Bagis, “Fuzzy and PD controller based intelligent control of spillway gates of dams,” Intelligent Fuzzy Systems, Vol.14, No.1, pp. 25-36, 2003.
-  L. X.Wang, “Adaptive fuzzy systems and control design and stability analysis,” Prentice Hall, 1994.
-  K. Belarbi, F. Titel, W. Bourebia, and K. Benmahammed, “Design of Mamdani fuzzy logic controllers with rule base minimisation using genetic algorithm,” J. of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.18, pp. 875-880, 2005.
-  A. Arslan and M. Kaya, “Determination of fuzzy logic membership functions using genetic algorithms,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.118, pp. 297-306, 2001.
-  D. L. Meredith, C. L. Karr, and K. Krishna Kumar, “The use of genetic algorithms in the design of fuzzy logic controllers,” Proc. of Third Workshop on Neural Networks: Academic/Industrial/Defence (WNN’92), pp. 1105-1109, 1992.
-  A. Bagis, “Fuzzy rule base design using tabu search algorithm for nonlinear system modeling,” ISA Trans., Vol.47, pp. 32-44, 2008.
-  Y. Li and Y. Li, “Neural-fuzzy control of truck backer-upper system using a clustering method,” Neuro Computing, Vol.70, pp. 680-688, 2007.
-  C. C. Yang and N. K. Bose, “Generating fuzzy membership function with self-organizing feature map,” Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol.27, pp. 356-365, 2006.
-  A. F. M. Huang, S. J . H. Yang, M. Wang, and J. J. P. Tsai, “Improving fuzzy knowledge integration with particle swarm optimization,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.37, pp. 8770-8783, 2010.
-  S. E. Papadakis and J. B. Theocharis, “A GA-based fuzzy modeling approach for generating TSK models,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.131, No.2, pp. 121-152, 2002.
-  M. Russo, “Genetic Fuzzy Learning,” IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.4, No.3, pp. 259-273, 2000.
-  F. Herrera and M. Lozano, “Adaptive genetic operators based on coevolution with fuzzy behaviors,” IEEE Trans. on Evolutionary Computation, Vol.5, No.2, pp. 149-165, 2001.
-  Y. Shi, R. Eberhart, and Y. Chen, “Implementation of evolutionary fuzzy systems,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.7, pp. 109-119, 1999.
-  N. B. Hui and D. K. Pratihar, “Automatic design of fuzzy logic controller using a genetic algorithm for collision-free, time-optimal navigation of a car-like robot,” Int. J. of Hybrid Intelligent Systems, Vol.2, No.3, pp. 161-187, 2005.
-  F. Herrera, M. Lozano, and J. L. Verdegay, “A learning process for fuzzy control rules using genetic algorithms,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Vol.100, pp. 143-158, 1998.
-  C. L. Karr, “Design of an adaptive fuzzy logic controller using a genetic algorithm,” Proc. of 4th Int. Conf. on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 450-457, 1991.
-  S. Bai and S. Chen, “Automatically constructing grade membership functions of fuzzy rules for students’ evaluation,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol.35, pp. 1408-1414, 2008.
-  L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy Sets,” Information and Control, Vol.8, pp. 338-353, 1965.
-  D. G. Burkhardt and P. P. Bonissone, “Automated fuzzy knowledge base Generation and tuning,” Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Fuzzy Systems, pp. 179-188, 1992.
-  B. Kosko, “Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems: A Dynamical Systems Approach to Machine Intelligence,” Prentice Hall, 1992.
-  T. Koga, K. Horio, and T. Yamakawa, “Self-organizing Relationship (SOR) Network with fuzzy Inference Based Evaluation and Its application to Trailer-Truck Back-up control,” Proc. of 11th Int. Conf. on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP), pp. 368-374, 2004.
-  M. Mohammadian and R. J. Stonier, “Generating fuzzy rules by genetic algorithms,” Proc. of 3rd Int. workshop on Robot and Human Communication, Nagoya, Japan, pp. 362-367, 1994.
-  K. Belarbi, F. Titel, W. Bourebia, and K. Benmahammed, “Design of Mamdani fuzzy logic controllers with rule base minimisation using genetic algorithm,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.18, No.7, pp. 875-880, 2005.
-  H. J. Zimmermann, “Fuzzy Set Theory and its Application,” 2nd edition, Allied Publishers Ltd. New Delhi, Association with kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1996.
-  A. Rajapakse, K. Furuta, and S. Kondo, “Evolutionary learning of fuzzy logic controllers and their adaptation through perpetual evolution,” IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Systems, Vol.10, No.3, pp. 309-321, 2002.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.