Efficient Optimization Using Experimental Queries: A Peak-Search Algorithm for Efficient Load-Pull Measurements
Charles Baylis*1, Lawrence Dunleavy*2, Steven Lardizabal*3,
Robert J. Marks II*1, and Alberto Rodriguez*4
*1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA
*2Department of Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, USA
*3Raytheon RF Components, Andover, MA, USA
*4ITT Corporation, Palm Harbor, FL, USA
-  C. Baylis, S. Lardizabal, and L. Dunleavy, “A Fast Sequential Load-Pull Algorithm Implemented to Find Maximum Output Power,” 2006 IEEE Wireless and Microwave Technology Conf. (WAMICON 2006), Clearwater, Florida, December 2006.
-  The MathWorks, Inc., Natick, Massachusetts 01760-2098.
-  D. Qiao, R. Molfino, S. Lardizabal, B. Pillans, P. Asbeck, and G. Jerinic, “An Intelligently Controlled RF Power Amplifier with a Reconfigurable MEMS-Varactor Tuner,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.53, No.3, Part 2, pp. 1089-1095, March 2005.
-  S. Perlow, “New Algorithms for the Automated Microwave Tuner Test System,” RCA Review, Vol.46, pp. 341-355, September 1985.
-  A. P. de Hek, “A Novel Fast Search Algorithm for an Active Load-Pull Measurement System,” GaAs Symposium, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1998.
-  P. Copalu and P. Dangprasert, “Hybrid Genetic Algorithms: Modeling and Application to the Quadratic Assignment Problem,” Assumption University J. of Technology, Vol.5, No.4, April 2002.
-  D. Wilde, “Optimum Seeking Methods,” Prentice-Hall, 1964.
-  G. Berghoff, E. Bergeault, B. Huyart, and L. Jallet, “Automated Characterization of HF Power Transistors by Source-Pull and Multi-Harmonic Load-Pull Measurements Based on Six-Port Techniques,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.46, No.12, pp. 2068-2073, December 1998.
-  Agilent Technologies, Inc., Santa Clara, California 95051.
-  MauryMicrowave Corporation, 2900 Inland Empire Blvd., Ontario, California 91764.
-  I. Angelov, H. Zirath, and N. Rorsman, “A New Empirical Nonlinear Model for HEMT and MESFET Devices,” IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol.40, No.12, December 1992.
-  R. Reed and R. J. Marks II, “Neural Smithing,” (MIT Press), 1999.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.