No Time Limit and Time Limit Model of Multiple Round Dutch Auction Based on Genetic Network Programming
Shingo Mabu, Donggeng Yu, Chuan Yue, and Kotaro Hirasawa
Graduate School of Information, Production and Systems, Waseda University, Hibikino 2-7, Wakamatsu-ku, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, 808-0135, Japan
Nowadays, Dutch auction is used widely at online auction sites. To make online Dutch auction more efficient and more intelligent, it is useful to develop an agent using evolutionary computation which will be adaptive to different auction environments. In this paper, a Genetic Network Programming (GNP) based strategy for auction agents has been proposed to do auctions in multiple round Dutch Auction environments under two types of auction models, no time limit model and time limit model. GNP is a graph-based evolutionary method extended from Genetic Algorithms (GA) and Genetic Programming (GP), which can create optimal solutions by evolution. Although the application of GNP to English auction has been done already, here, a new GNP structure is used for Dutch auction. The simulation results show that the GNP based strategy can also make the agents work well in Dutch auction and the advanced GNP structure makes the agents perform better than that in English auction.
-  R. Bapna, P. Goes, and A. Gupta, “Insights and analyses of online auctions,” Communications of the ACM, Vol.44, Issue 11, pp. 42-50, Nov. 2001.
-  P. Anthony and N. R. Jennings, “A Heuristic Bidding Strategy for Multiple Heterogeneous Auctions,” In proc. of the 5th Int. Conf. on Electronic Commerce, pp. 9-16, 2003.
-  P. Anthony and N. R. Jennings, “Developing a bidding agent for multiple heterogeneous auctions,” ACM Trans. on Internet Technology, Vol.3, pp. 185-217, 2003.
-  A. Greenwald and J. Boyan, “Autonomous agents for participating in multiple online auctions,” Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Vol.10, pp. 67-85, 2005.
-  K. Hirasawa, M. Okubo, H. Katagiri, J. Hu, and J. Murata, “Comparison between Genetic Network Programming (GNP) and Genetic Programming (GP),” In Proc. of the 2001 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, pp. 1276-1282, 2001.
-  C. Yue, Y. Wang, S. Mabu, and K. Hirasawa, “Multiple Round English Auction based on Genetic Network Programming,” In proc. of the FAN 2008 Conference, pp. 229-234, Hiroshima, Japan, 2008.
-  C. Yue, S. Mabu, Y. Chen, Y. Wang, and K. Hirasawa, “Agent Bidding Strategy of Multiple Round English Auction based on Genetic Network Programming,” In proc. of the ICCAS-SICE 2009, pp. 3857-3862, Fukuoka, Japan, 2009.
-  C. Yue, S. Mabu, Y. Wang, and K. Hirasawa, “Multiple Round English Auction agent based on Genetic Network Programming,” IEEJ Trans. on Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Vol.5, No.4, pp. 450-458, 2010.
-  S. Mabu, K. Hirasawa, and J. Hu, “A Graph-Based Evolutionary Algorithm: Genetic Network Programming (GNP) and Its Extension Using Reinforcement Learning,” Evolutionary Computation, Vol.15, No.3, pp. 369-398, MIT Press, 2007.
-  K. Hirasawa, T. Eguchi, J. Zhou, L. Yu, and S. Markon, “A Double-Deck Elevator Group Supervisory Control System Using Genetic Network Programming,” IEEE Trans. on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, Part C, Vol.38, No.4, pp. 535-550, 2008.
-  J. H. Holland, “Adaptation in Natural and Artificial Systems,” University of Michigan Press, 1975.
-  D. E. Goldberg, “Genetic Algorithm in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning,” Addison-Wesley, 1989.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming, on the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection,” MIT Press, Cambridge, 1992.
-  J. R. Koza, “Genetic Programming II, Automatic Discovery of Reusable Programs,” MIT Press, Cambridge, 1994.
-  A. N. AbuLaban and G. Z. Qadah, “Seller Strategies for Dutch Online Auctions,” In proc. of the Canadian Conf. on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 505-509, 2006, CCECE ‘06, 2006.
-  D. Yu, S. Mabu, C. Yue, and K. Hirasawa, “Multiple Round Dutch Auction agent based on Genetic Network Programming,” In Proc. of the SICE Kyushu Conf., pp. 63-66, Fukuoka, Japan, 2009.