Role of Pre-Operation in Experiencing Differently Sized Hands
Kenji Terabayashi*, Natsuki Miyata**, Kazunori Umeda*,
and Jun Ota***
*Department of Precision Mechanics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Chuo University, 1-13-27 Kasuga, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8551, Japan
**Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), 2-3-26 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064, Japan
***Research into Artifacts, Center for Engineering (RACE), The University of Tokyo, 5-1-5 Kashiwanoha, Kashiwa, Chiba 277-8568, Japan
-  D. B. Chaffin, “Improving digital human modelling for proactive ergonomics in design,” Ergonomics, Vol.48, No.5, pp. 478-491, 2005.
-  M. Kouchi, N. Miyata, and M. Mochimaru, “An analysis of hand measurements for obtaining representative Japanese hand models,” In Proc. of SAE 2005 Digital Human Modeling for Design and Engineering Conf., 2005-01-2734, 2005.
-  N. Miyata, M. Kouchi, T. Kurihara, and M. Mochimaru, “Modeling of Human Hand Link Structure from Optical Motion Capture Data,” In Proc. of IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 2129-2135, 2004.
-  M. Bordegoni, G. Colomboa, and L. Formentinia, “Haptic technologies for the conceptual and validation phases of product design,” Computers & Graphics, Vol.30, No.3, pp. 377-390, 2006.
-  M. Tideman, M. C. v. d. Voort, and F. J. A. M. v. Houten, “Design and Evaluation of Virtual Gearshift Application,” In Proc. of IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, pp. 465-470, 2004.
-  J. C. Verlinden, A. d. Smit, A. W. J. Peeters, and M. H. v. Gelderen, “Development of a Flexible Augmented Prototyping System,” J. of WSCG, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 496-503, 2003.
-  K. Terabayashi, N. Miyata, and J. Ota, “Grasp Strategy when Experiencing Hands of Various Sizes,” eMinds: Int. J. on Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.1, No.4, pp. 55-74, 2008.
-  M. Costantini and P. Haggard, “The rubber hand illusion: Sensitivity and reference frame for body ownership,” Consciousness and Cognition, Vol.16, No.2, pp. 229-240, 2007.
-  K. C. Armel and V. S. Ramachandran, “Projecting sensations to external objects: evidence from skin conductance response,” Proc. of the Royal Society of London-B, Vol.270, No.1523, pp 1499-1506, 2003.
-  M. Botvinick and J. Cohen, “Rubber hands ‘feel’ touch that eyes see,” Nature, Vol.391, p. 756, 1998.
-  A. Iriki, M. Tanaka, and Y. Iwamura, “Coding of modified body schema during tool use by macaque postcentral neurones,” Neuroreport, Vol.7, Vol.14, pp. 2325-2326, 1996.
-  T. Shirai, M. Kaneko, K. Harada, and T. Tsuji, “Scale-Dependent Grasps,” In Proc. of the 3rd Int. Conf. on Advanced Mechatronics (ICAM’98), pp. 197-202, 1998.
-  Japanese body size data 1992-1994, Research Institute of Human Engineering for Quality Life (HQL), 1997. (in Japanese)
-  L. Peebles and B. Norris, ADULTDATA The Handbook of Adult Anthropometric and Strength Measurements – Data for Design Safety, Department of Trade and Industry, 1998.
-  V. S. Ramachandran and D. R. Ramachandran, “Phantom Limbs and Neural Plasticity,” Archives Neurology, Vol.57, No.3, pp. 317-320, 2000.
-  V. S. Ramachandran, D. R. Ramachandran, and S. Cobb, “Touch the phantom limb,” Nature, Vol.377, pp. 489-490, 2005.
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.