A Dual-Axis Liquid-Rate Microgyroscope Using Electro-Conjugate Fluid
Shinichi Yokota*, Yoshitsugu Ogawa*, Kenjiro Takemura**,
and Kazuya Edamura***
*Precision and Intelligence Lab., Tokyo Institute of Technology, R2-41, 4259 Nagatsuta-cho, Midori-ku, Yokohama 226-8503, Japan
**Department of Mechanical Engineering, Keio University, 3-14-1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku-ku, Yokohama 223-8522, Japan
***New Technology Management Co., Ltd.
-  S. Yokota, M. Suzuki, K. Takemura, K. Edamura, H. Kumagai, and T. Imamura, “Concept of a Liquid Rate Gyroscope using an Electroconjugate Fluid,” Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Robotics and Automation, pp. 317-322, 2008.
-  R. Zhu, H. Ding, Y. Su, and Z. Zhou, “Micromachined gas inertial sensor based on convection heat transfer,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.130, pp. 68-74, 2006.
-  D. V. Dao, V. T. Dau, T. Shiozawa, and S. Sgiyama, “Development of a Dual-Axis Convective Gyroscope With Low Thermal-Induced Stress Sensing Element,” J. Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.16, No.4, pp. 950-958, 2007.
-  T. Shiozawa, V. T. Dau, D. V. Dao, H. Kumagai, and S. Sgiyama, “A Dual Axis Thermal Convective Silicon Gyroscope,” Micro Nanomechatronics and Human Science, Vol.31, pp. 277-282, 2004.
-  R. Oboe, R. Antonello, E. Lasalandra, G. Spinola Durante, and L. Prandi, “Control of a z-axis MEMS vibrational gyroscope,” IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics, Vol.10, No.4, pp. 364-370, 2005.
-  T. Rogers, N. Aitken, K. Stribley, and J. Boyd, “Improvements in MEMS gyroscope production as a result of using in situ, aligned, currentlimited anodic bonding,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.123, No.4, pp. 106-110, 2005.
-  S. Lee, S. Park, J. Kim, S. Lee, and D. I. Cho, “Surface/bulk micromachined singlecrystalline silicon micro-gyroscope,” J. Microelectromechanical Systems, Vol.9, No.4, pp. 557-567, 2000.
-  S. Yokota, Y. Otsubo, and K. Edamura, “Electro-sensitive movable fluids, method of using the same and motors for the electro-sensitive movable fluids,” USP6, Vol.30, p. 544, 2000.
-  S. Yokota, Y. Kondoh, A. Sadamoto, Y. Otsubo, and K. Edamura, “A micro motor using electro-conjugate fluids (ECF) (proposition of stator electrode-type (SE-type) micro ECFmotors),” Int. J. of JSME Series C, Vol.44, No.3, pp. 756-762, 2001.
-  S. Yokota, “A 2mm ECF micromotor,” Proc.of the 7th Int. Conf. on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT’03), pp. 361-366, 2003.
-  R. Abe and S. Yokota, “A micro actuator using ECF-jetwith needletype electrode,” Proc. of FLUCOME’03, CD-ROM, 2003.
-  K. Takemura, S. Yokota, and K. Edamura, “A micro artificial muscle actuator using electro-conjugate fluid,” Proc. of the IEEE Inter. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2005), pp. 534-539, 2005.
-  S. Yokota, K. Kawamura, K. Takemura, and K. Edamura, “A high-integrated micromotor using electro-conjugate fluid (ECF),” J. Robotics and Mechatronics, pp. 142-148, 2005.
-  W.-S. Seo, K. Yoshida, S. Yokota, and K. Edamura, “A high performance planar pump using electro-conjugate fluid with improved electrode patterns,” Sensors and Actuators A, Vol.134, No.2, pp. 606-614, 2007.
-  “Introduction of Gyro Technology,” Tamagawa Seiki Co. Ltd. (in Japanese).
This article is published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 Internationa License.